When it comes to your area rugs, don’t substitute anything less than a professional cleaning. You might be tempted to try and tackle cleaning your rugs yourself but you could end up damaging or destroying your investment. Area rugs require a gentle approach to cleaning. Your Carpet Care 2000 highly trained and skilled technicians are experts at cleaning and handling the delicate fibers in your rugs. Avid do-it-yourselfers often damage rugs by either using a heavy hand when scrubbing or using a cleaning solution that is much stronger than needed. Your area rugs are much too beautiful and costly to run the risk of damaging them.
Area Rug Inspection and Custom Care
At Carpet Care 2000, we recognize that every area rug cleaning is different. We thoroughly inspect your rugs, making notes of any heavily soiled or high-traffic areas that will need extra attention. We will then determine which cleaning solution is the best for your particular carpets. Our extensively trained technicians use the most technologically advanced equipment available to achieve optimum results. Our technicians use a hot-water extraction method which is effective yet gentle and will renew the softness and beauty of your rugs. When your professional rug cleaning is completed, your areas rugs will look and feel brand new.
Rug Stain Removal Tips
Carpet Care 2000 has prepared the following stain-removal tips that you can use when time is of the essence. Remember to blot; never rub at the stain and clean up spills as quickly as possible.
• Tea or Coffee – Using a solution of 1 teaspoon liquid dish detergent, 1 quart of warm water, and ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar, apply to stain, rinse and blot – if stain remains contact your Carpet Care 2000 professional.
• Soft drinks and alcohol – Using the cleaning solution above, apply to stain, rinse and blot dry.
• Chewing gum – Pick off as much as you can, use a plastic bag filled with ice and blot to harden the gum, scrape the hardened gum with a spoon, vacuum and use a spot cleaner if needed.
• Melted candle wax – Use the same treatment as for chewing gum, hardening the wax with ice cubes in a bag and then scraping. Dampen a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and blot to remove the remaining wax.
• Fat-based stains – for foods such as margarine, butter or mayonnaise, use a dry-solvent spot carpet cleaner.
• Pet feces or urine – Apply detergent solution (same as for tea or coffee stains) or a citrus-oxygen cleaner, rinse and blot until dry.
• Tomato sauce – Sponge with cool water, dab with detergent solution(same as for tea or coffee stains) and rinse with a solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups of water and blot until dry.
Professional Area Rug Cleaning, Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
From priceless heirlooms and antiques to everyday wool or synthetic rugs, the professional carpet and rug cleaners at Carpet Care 2000 know how to care for your area rugs. We take on the task of deep cleaning your rugs so you don’t have to. Say your goodbyes to ground-in-dirt, spots and spills. When our professional rug cleaning is complete your rugs will be ready for many more years of service and look and feel just like new. Contact us today to schedule your free estimate and consultation.