Tile and grout flooring is usually not too difficult for most to take care of. The basics including routinely cleaning the debris off the surface, periodically wiping up the spots and residues, and if needed, maintaining polishing, sealing, and other such needs. Due to the durability of tile and grout, as well as the simple maintenance involved, it is found in many rooms of the home, most commonly the kitchens and bathrooms among others. Keeping the tile and especially grout clean, can make people feel frustrated, however. When it comes to cleaning the tile and grout, you have quite a few options. With this in mind, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to talk specifically about standard mopping versus steam mopping methods.
Standard Mop Bucket with Wringer
With a bottle of cleaner made for tile and grout, or a hot bucket of water and a mop, you are ready to wash the tile flooring. Though it mostly reflects individual preferences, there are quite a few standard mops available to consumers such as rope, flat mops, sponge type mops, dust mops, and so much more. Also, there are washing methods some prefer similar to mopping, and that is getting down on all fours and washing the floor by hand with a rag. In any case, it takes time and stamina.
How to Use a Steam Mop on Tiles?
Designed to accelerate the cleaning process and boost efficiency, steam mopping has been applied to cleaning purposes for quite some time. With the assorted models available, steam mopping offers more mobility and simplicity. Steam mopping not only washes the floors surface of obvious residues and spots, but it also eliminates the unseen germs. Killing up to 99.99% of bacteria that can cause a number of illnesses, the steam cleaning promotes temperatures that are hot enough. Generally, detergents are not typically added because they are not needed, making steam mopping more eco-friendly, safer and cost effective. This is especially ideal for children and pets as the chemicals can be harmful. The harmful chemicals are eliminated from the equation when using powerful steam cleaning mops.
Steam Mops are Hygienic & Other Benefits
– Steam mopping requires only one tool to haul around and use.
– Steam mopping kills the unseen germs that mopping just doesn’t do.
– More eco-friendly and far safer kids and pets.
– Detergents that are potentially harmful, and an added expense, is eliminated
– Steam mopping doesn’t require scrubbing.
– Steam cleaning uses less water, making the dry time less.
– Steam mopping models can be versatile with the right one, able to clean other hard surfaces as well as countertops and shower walls.
Benefits of Standard Mopping of Floors
– You need energy and more activity with standard mopping, ideal for people with energy to burn.
– Standard mops are inexpensive, but the cost is made up with buckets, detergents, and replacement heads.
– There are more scent options with detergents, where steam cleaning just leaves fresh and neutralizes any odors.
Tile & Grout Cleaning Services & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Where washing the grout periodically is a part of your own maintenance, the tile and grout should be cleaned by a professional once or twice a year. When you need professional tile and grout cleaning, contact Carpet Care 2000 and let our specialists get the job done right.