There are many common condiments people use during the summer, and all year long for that matter. Because they can be difficult to remove, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to offer a method to remove ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce from the carpeting.
Will BBQ Sauce Stains Come Out of Carpet?
1) Combine two cups of warm water and one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent, ideally in a squirt bottle.
2) Sponge the stain with the detergent solution using a clean white cloth.
3) Until the liquid is absorbed, blot well.
4) Until the stain disappears or is no longer absorbed into the cloth, repeat Steps 2 and 3.
5) Mix one tablespoon of ammonia with 1/2 cup of warm water if the stain persists. Caution – due to hazardous fumes, never mix chlorine bleach and ammonia.
6) With the ammonia solution, sponge the stain.
7) Continue to blot until the liquid is absorbed.
8) Rinse by sponging cold water on the water and blot dry.
How Do You Get Tomato Ketchup Stains from Carpet?
1) Remove excess ketchup off the carpet as soon as possible with a spoon or spatula. Avoid rubbing and smearing or you can make the stain worse.
2) With a store-bought laundry pre-spray solution, spray the ketchup stain. For 15 to 20 minutes, leave the stain to soak up the solution.
3) Blot the remaining liquid after the 20 minute or so is up.
4) With warm water, not hot, rinse the affected area of the carpet.
5) If the stain remains, combine 4 parts warm water with 1 cup of ammonia in a spray bottle and shake well.
6) Use a toothbrush to remove the stain after moderately spraying the solution on the spot.
7) To rinse the ammonia solution, pour warm water over the affected area.
What Can I Use to Get Mustard Stains Out of Carpet?
1) The last thing you want to do is aggressively scrub the stain when you discover the mustard stain. You will make the mustard soak into the carpet fibers even more. To remove as much mustard as possible, take a clean cloth and blot the stain gently instead.
2) With a solution made of 2 cups of warm water and 1 part dishwashing detergent, blot the stained area of the carpet.
3) Combine a bit of dishwashing detergent and hydrogen peroxide separately in order to create a paste, usually 1 part hydrogen peroxide, 3 parts detergent.
4) Spread the paste onto the affected area of the carpet using a spatula or something similar.
5) Make sure it’s turned to its lowest setting using a steam iron. Without actually touching the carpet, line up the iron directly over the stained area and hold it up. To loosen up the stain, hold it there for 30 seconds.
6) Dip a clean towel into cold water. To lift off any remaining mustard residue, continue blotting the carpet fibers.
7) Until the mustard stain is no longer visible, pat dry the area with a dry, clean cloth.
Deep Steam Carpet Cleaning, Deodorizing & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
We at Carpet Care 2000 know carpet stains can be challenging. If you are having a hard time removing stains, or are simply due for a deep cleaning, call us today to get started!