When you have chosen tile for your flooring of choice, you can rest easy knowing it is one of the most durable floors you can buy. Choosing to put in tile is only the first step of the process though. You will find that not only are then endless tile options for your home, but you need to decide what grout you want to use as well. It can be a sea of choices when it comes to putting in tile. Carpet Care 2000 is here to talk about how to choose the right grout color for your tile floor.
What Color Grout is Easiest to Keep Clean & Other Considerations
There are several things to consider when you are choosing the right grout for your home. The grout you choose for your tile can have a dramatic impact on the overall look of your tile.
– Location of Grout: You need to think about where you are putting your tile and how large the application is going to be. You may not want contrasting grout in larger applications as it can be overwhelming when you choose this route. If you are dealing with a smaller space, choosing a matching grout can make the space appear larger than it actually is which can be a bonus as well. Considering your tile location has a big impact on what grout you choose.
– Tile Design: Your grout choice will also depend on the design you are looking for in your tile. If you are looking for a minimalist look, you may want to choose a matching grout. For those that are looking for a bold statement with your tile, contrasting colors certainly help you attain this goal. If you are looking for something in the middle of these two options, you can’t go wrong when you choose a neutral grout color to help create a traditional look.
– Tile Patterns: When you are putting in a heavily patterned tile, you may want to choose thinner grout lines so that it doesn’t take away from the beautiful tile pattern. This will allow the tile to be the focus.
– Surrounding Décor: While considering the tile design and shape is a big part of choosing the right grout, you don’t want to overlook the rest of the décor in your space either. You want to choose a grout that will compliment that overall style of your home.
– Grout Joint Size: When you choose your tile, the manufacturer will more than likely recommend a certain grout width that works well with that tile. Just like the grout color, the joint size can impact the overall look of your tile as well.
Tile & Grout Cleaning Cleaning in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Even though tile is a relatively low maintenance flooring, you still need to care for and maintain it properly. At Carpet Care 2000, we offer tile and grout cleaning and sealing that gives your tile the protection it needs against damaging dirt and debris. Call us today!