With our current stay at home situation taking place, it has many of us looking around our house at things that we would like to change. One thing you may decide your home needs is a nice area rug to finish off a space. The right area rug can pull all the design features of a room together and add true character to the space when you pick the right one. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some tips to keep in mind when you are on the quest for the perfect area rug for your home.
Choosing the Right Size
Choosing the right sized area rug for your space is key in it looking right. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
– Bigger Area Rug is Better: If you have the option to choose a smaller rug or a larger one, always remember that bigger is better. You don’t want the rug to look undersized for the space. It will be worth the money to choose the larger rug every time.
– Area Rug Location: Every room is going to be different. There are many different shapes to choose from. Look at the room you are choosing the rug for and that will help you determine not only the size but the shape.
– Visualize Area Rug in the Room: You need to be able to visualize the final look of the space. Look at the room from different vantage points to determine what sized rug will look best.
Rug Sizes Chart by Room
Like mentioned above, every room is different when it comes to what sized rug will look best. Here is a breakdown of different rooms found in homes and what rugs usually look best in them.
– Living Room Area Rug: There are a couple rules to follow in the living room for the right sized rug. You can choose a rug large enough that all the legs of the furniture in the room are resting on the rug, or some people decide to get a rug big enough for only the front legs of the furniture to rest on it. If you don’t want any of the legs on the rug, you need to make sure that the rug extends at least 6 inches on either side of the furniture so the rug doesn’t look too small.
– Dining Room Area Rug: The shape of your room and your table will determine the right shape of the rug, but you want the front legs of your chair to rest on the rug when they are pulled out with someone sitting in them.
– Bedroom Area Rug: At least 2/3 of your bed should rest on the rug you choose for your bedroom. If you don’t like the thought of such a large rug, you can always choose two runners that are on either side of the bed as well.
Area Rug Cleaning & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
No matter what size the area rug is for your home, you need to have it professionally cleaned just like your carpet. At Carpet Care 2000, we are experienced in cleaning all types of area rugs with great care. Call us today!