You are bound to have a few accidents besmirch your carpet during the hectic holiday season as you are busy with the hustle and bustle and all the activities, and excitement common during this time of year. To help homeowners remove some of the common beverages spilled on carpets, we Carpet Care 2000 have compiled a short guide.
How to Get Hot Cocoa & Chocolate Milk Stains Out of Carpet
1) Using white paper towels, blot excess liquid.
2) Combine 1 tbsp dish soap liquid with 2 cups warm water in a squirt bottle or container.
3) Without oversaturating, apply the mixture to the hot cocoa spot.
4) Sop up the mixture and the stain as you blot with a clean cloth.
5) With a cloth treated with cool water, rinse away the solution’s residue.
6) Use a clean towel to blot the area as dry as possible.
How to Remove Dried Red Wine Spills from Carpet
1) With paper towels, absorb as much as the spill as possible, blotting from the exterior and continue towards the center.
2) Spritz about ounces of cool water on the stain and blot the moisture.
3) Mix 1 tbsp white vinegar, 1 tbsp liquid dish soap, and 2 cups of warm water in a spray bottle.
4) Begin dabbing at the remaining stain with a cloth treated in the solution. Do not oversaturate the carpet as you go and as wine absorbs into the cloth, you may need a new cloth.
5) With cool water, blot the solution clean.
6) Use a towel to dry the area as best as possible.
How to Clean Eggnog from Carpet
1) Remove the bulk of the eggnog with a spoon and with paper towels or a clean cloth, blot out the excess moisture.
2) In a spray bottle, mix ¼ tsp liquid dish soap in 2 cups warm water.
3) To avoid oversaturating the carpet, be sure to blot in between moisture and rinse the stain with warm water and a clean cloth.
4) Gently work a vinegar solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups warm water thoroughly if any eggnog residue persists.
5) Use warm water to rinse the area with blotting and clean cloth.
6) Dry completely with a towel.
How to Get Apple Cider Out of Carpet
1) Blot away the beverage with paper towels or a dry cloth.
2) In a squirt bottle or bucket, mix 1 tbsp ammonia and 2 cups of warm water.
3) With a clean cloth, sponge or spray on the solution onto the blemished surface.
4) Working the stain from the outside toward the center, gently work out the cider in circular patterns in addition to blotting.
5) Rinse the area thoroughly using warm water.
6) Be sure to dry the area as well as possible with a clean towel.
Please Note: Dye or print can transfer to your carpet so be sure to use only white, plain paper towels, cloths, and towels. Always conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous area to ensure it does not compromise the integrity of your carpet or ruin the color, no matter if you decide to use our homemade remedies or use a commercial ready-made product. Never use hot water as it can set the stain into the carpet.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal Services & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If you have any trouble combating these stains on the carpets call Carpet Care 2000 and let our professionals remove these stains and refresh your carpets.