Children and adults alike enjoy cold glasses of milk in their flavorful varieties. Chocolate and strawberry milk options are very commonly served to the little ones at mealtime or even throughout the day. Where this cool refreshing drink has its benefits, it can be challenging to remove from carpets. Today, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to share how to remove chocolate and strawberry milk spots from the carpet.
Spilled Milk on Carpet Removal
1) Absorb as much of the excess milk as possible by using a few paper towels. Place them on top of the spill and gently apply pressure and blot up the moisture. Soak up the mess until it no longer saturates the paper towels; toss them as you go.
2) Use a small dose of table salt to sprinkle the surface of the spill to prevent the chocolate or strawberry milk from spreading and absorbing into the fibers. Let the salt remain for about 20 minutes to absorb the moisture and use the vacuum to remove the remnants.
3) In a container, combine 1 tbsp. dish washing liquid with 2 cups warm water. Use a dampen cloth treated with the solution and blot the remaining stain out of the carpet. Be sure to work the outer rim of the spot and work towards the center to better contain the stain from spreading. Another option that works optimally on strawberry milk include using a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with five cups of warm water, or other commercial carpet stain removers. If you choose to use a commercial cleaner, be sure to follow the instructions on the label.
4) Be sure to follow up with a dampen cloth of pure water to remove any residual solution residues from the carpet. Use a clean towel to blot out the remaining moisture.
5) If the stain persists, mix together 1 Tbsp ammonia into 2 cups warm water, and dampen the mixture onto the sponge and blot out the remaining milk. As before, use a damp cloth of water only to blot out the diluted ammonia thoroughly.
6) Use a dry towel to remove the remaining moisture as much as possible.
Note: When treating the chocolate or strawberry milk stain, be sure to conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous spot to ensure it will not compromise the carpet. Follow up the sprinkling the baking soda the area to neutralize any developing odors. After the baking soda has sat several hours, overnight is optimal, vacuum the remnants when the area is assuredly dry. Never use hot water when treating the milk stain, and only use paper towels, sponges, cloths, towels, and other paraphernalia to treat the area to avoid making the stain worse. When ever possible, especially when it comes to milk, immediately treat the spill to avoid bacteria growth, odors, and more challenging stains from occurring.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If you are having difficulty removing the chocolate and/or strawberry milk from your carpets throughout Tracy, Ripon, San Ramon, Pleasanton and the tri-city area of Livermore, Dublin and Danville areas of California, call Carpet Care 2000 and our specialists will get those tough stains out of your carpet!