When you invest in tile flooring for your home, you want to make sure it looks great for a long time by maintaining its luster and shine. People like tile floors for many reasons: they stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. They are durable, which extends the life of your investment and you can create any look you want with the endless styles and colors available. Tile floors are also quite easy to maintain. There are some things you need to be careful about though, otherwise you can hurt your tile and grout.
Ways to Keep Your Tile Floors Clean
• Seal your tile and grout after it has been professionally cleaned. This will extend the life of your floors and it will they will also look like they did when they were installed.
• Clean spills right away. Even though tile floors look impenetrable, they are porous, and spills can seep in, leading to odors and discoloration.
• Deep clean all year round. Tile floors need more than sweeping every few days. Hire professionals for a deep clean to ensure a thorough clean.
• Use soft cloths. Using soft cloths will ensure your tiles surfaces won’t get damaged.
• Ensure proper ventilation. If you are using chemical cleaners to clean grout in confined areas, you need to make sure that there is ventilation to avoid inhaling harmful chemicals. Open windows and use fans.
• Use bleach or ammonia. Grout can be damaged by using these chemicals to clean it and can cause the tile or grout to break down over time
• Use colored cleaners. Because tile and grout are porous they can absorb colors from cleaning solutions. To prevent discoloration, use clear cleaning solutions.
• Use too much water. Again, because tile is porous it will absorb too much water if excessive amounts are used. This can cause mold and mildew to develop beneath the surface.
• Use steel wool. Using steel wool to clean tile and grout will have a negative effect on the finish of the flooring. Don’t use any abrasive items to clean out tile floors.
• Stress. If your floors look messy, don’t stress! Hire professionals to clean them and handle any other cleaning needs you have.
Additional Tile Floor Cleaning Tips
Vacuum or dust at least once a week with a clean cloth and a dry dust mop. Neglecting this can cause fine sand, dirt and grit to scratch your tile and discolor your grout. Use mats or area rugs at entrances to decrease as much of this debris as you can from getting on your floors. At least twice a month, use a damp mop with a diluted solution of a mild cleaner to clean your floors.
Tile & Grout Cleaning in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Cleaning tile flooring can be hard on your knees. Hire the professionals at Carpet Care 2000 to do it. We have the best supplies, tools and methods of the trade to have your tile and grout floors look like new again. Even the worst tile and grout issues can be taken care of. Call us today if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment!