When you have pets, especially young ones, they can wreak havoc on your home during the training process. They will surely leave messes behind everywhere they go. This means that you are going to have be diligent in caring for your carpet to avoid any damage. When you have pets in your home, it requires some extra care to keep your carpet in good condition. Carpet Care 2000 is here to talk about carpet maintenance for homes with pets and why it is a little different from carpet maintenance in a pet free home.
Is Carpet Cleaning Safe for Pets?
The number one thing that you should be doing if you have pets is to clean your carpet often. This will save your carpet. However, you need to be careful when cleaning your carpet with pets in the home. There could be some dangers from cleaning your carpets carelessly. Here are a couple of the ways that carpet cleaning can be harmful to your pets.
– Chemicals: There are some cheaper carpet cleaning solutions that will evaporate as they dry. This leaves harmful vapors in the air. When you’re using a reputable carpet cleaning company, you can rest easy knowing that this won’t be the case. Harmful chemicals is one reason that you should avoid DIY carpet cleaning.
– Residue: Some of the these lower quality cleaning solutions will also leave behind a residue on your carpet that can be harmful to pets as well. It can have bad effects on skin, respiratory symptoms and eyes in both pets and young children that spend a lot of time on the floor.
Tips to Care for Carpet When You Have Pets
If you have pets in your home, it is important that you clean and maintain your carpet properly so that it doesn’t get damaged. Here are some things that you should be doing.
– Professional Cleaning: You should avoid cleaning your carpet on your own. When you leave deep carpet cleaning up to professionals, you know that they are using high quality cleaning solutions that aren’t going to be dangerous to young children and pets.
– Vacuum Often: Keeping your carpet free from pet hair and dander will help you avoid damage and bad odors. If you have pets in your home, you need to be vacuuming your carpet more than you would if you lived in a pet free environment. Vacuuming 3-4 times a week is a must.
– Spot Clean: If your pet has an accident in your home, it is important that you clean it up right away. Have some safe carpet cleaning solution on hand to help you get rid of these accidents before they cause damage.