There are few things that are quite as stressful as moving to a new place. The moving process can be a filled with seemingly endless tasks that need to be accomplished. It can be easy to forget about things here and there. One thing that you definitely don’t want to forget is your carpet. If you have carpet in your home, the foot traffic that is involved in a big move can do a number on it. It is important that you take the precautions necessary to protect it throughout the moving process. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some tips to help keep your carpet protected during the moving process.
How Do I Protect My Carpet Floors when Moving In?
Whether you have sold your home or are renting and hoping to get a deposit back after a move, you want to make sure the carpet is protected while moving. Here are the best ways to ensure your carpet isn’t going to get damaged and stained during the moving process.
– Rugs & Mats: You will want to make sure there are large rugs and mats placed at all the entrances into your home. This will help to remove any debris that is found on the bottom of the shoes worn by movers.
– Booties: Shoe booties can also be an important tool in protecting your carpet from the moving process. When people enter the home, have them place shoe booties on their feet to keep the carpet and other flooring clean. These are cheap and easy to find at your local hardware store.
– Carpet Masking: One of the most effective ways to keep your carpet protected during a move is with carpet masking. This is a clear, thin film that is sticky on one side. You can place it over carpet in high traffic areas to offer the protection your carpet needs. This masking comes in different sizes and is a great non-slip option.
– Furniture Sliders: When you’re moving heavy furniture around your home, it is helpful to have furniture sliders to not only make the job easier, but to also protect your carpet from sustaining damage. If you don’t have furniture sliders, you should pick up the furniture to move it rather than drag heavy furniture on carpet as this can damage it.
– Carpet Remnants: If you have any carpet remnants from when you got carpet installed in your home, you can easily lay those on your carpet to offer protection during a move as well.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If you are getting ready to move, there is no doubt that your carpet will see more foot traffic than normal. You can turn to Carpet Care 2000 to help you with any carpet cleaning that is needed when moving out or moving in to a new place. We will get rid of any trace of dirt and staining that is left behind by movers. Call us today!