For most homeowners to take care of, tile and grout flooring is usually not too difficult. Periodically wiping up the spots and residues, including routinely cleaning the debris off the surface, and if needed, maintaining polishing, sealing, and other such needs are the basics. Though it most commonly the kitchens and bathrooms among others, tile is found in many rooms of the home due to the durability of tile and grout flooring, as well as the simple maintenance involved. Keeping tile and especially grout bright and clean can be frustrating. You have a few options when it comes to washing the tile and grout. Considering this, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to discuss standard mopping versus steam mopping methods.
Slop Mopping Technique
You are ready to wash the tile flooring with a bottle of cleaner made for tile and grout, or a hot bucket of water and a mop. There are quite a few standard mops available to consumers such as rope, flat mops, sponge type mops, dust mops, and so much more, though it mostly reflects individual preferences. Getting down on all fours and washing the floor by hand with a rag is a washing method some prefer, which is similar to mopping. It takes time and stamina in any case.
Steam Mop Floor Cleaning
For quite some time, steam mopping has been applied to cleaning purposes, which is designed to accelerate the cleaning process and boost efficiency. Steam mopping offers more mobility and simplicity with the assorted models available. Steam mopping not only washes the floors surface of obvious residues and spots, it also eliminates unseen germs. Steam cleaning promotes temperatures that are hot enough, killing up to 99.99% of bacteria that can cause a number of illnesses. Because they are not needed, detergents are not typically added making steam mopping more eco-friendly, safer and cost effective in general. For homeowners with children and pets is especially ideal as chemicals can be harmful. When using powerful steam cleaning mops, the harmful chemicals are eliminated from the equation.
Steam Mop Pros
– Detergents can be potentially harmful, which is eliminated and an added expense
– There is no required scrubbing with steam mopping
– Making the dry time less, there is less water used with steam mopping
– There is only one tool required to haul around and use with steam mopping.
– Mopping just doesn’t eliminate the germs steam mopping kills the unseen germs
– Far safer kids and pets, steam mopping is eco-friendly
– Able to clean other hard surfaces as well as countertops and shower walls, steam mopping models can be versatile with the right one.
Benefits of Standard Mopping
– Standard mops are inexpensive, though buckets, detergents, and replacement heads make up the difference
– Where steam cleaning just leaves fresh and neutralizes any odors, there are more scent options with detergents.
– Ideal for people with energy to burn, you need energy and more activity with standard mopping.
Tile & Grout Floor Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
The tile and grout should be cleaned professional once or twice a year where washing the grout periodically is a part of your own maintenance. Call Carpet Care 2000 and let our specialists get the job done right when you need professional cleaning.