Carpets are attracted to stains, not matter how careful you try to be. When children or pets are in the house, the chances double for carpets to be blemished by one kind of stain or another. Food, beverages, pet accidents, grass, mud, wax, grease, oil, beauty products, crafting paraphernalia, and so much more could be causing stains. When addressing the stain it is important to know how to treat them, and most especially, what not to do.
Carpet Care 2000 would like address some of the carpet stain removal don’ts that many people are guilty of.
Before we get into the chastising side of carpet stain removal, we would like to share a few helpful tips.
– If possible, know what the materials were used to construct your carpet. Some materials need to avoid certain chemical components, and you do not want to cause any damage to the carpet itself while tending to a stain.
– More often than not, you know what the stains are; try to ensure you clean it using the appropriate cleaning solutions.
Basic ‘don’t’ tips for removing carpet stains:
– Do not use hot water for treating stains. Liken to laundry stains; hot elements will set the stain in, and it could be next to impossible to remove the stain. An exception to the rule is when you need to remove wax, and you place a hot iron over paper to draw the wax up. Still extreme temperatures are not recommended.
– Do not skip the patch test. Whether you use a commercially formulated carpet cleaning product, or store bought ingredient, or home remedy mixtures, you should test the cleaner in an inconspicuous area to ensure the fibers integrity or color is not compromised. Some chemicals can break down the fibers and ruin the composition, where others could lighten the color of your carpet in an attractive way.
– Do not scrub or rub. Natural impulse is apply high volumes of pressure and scrub on the stain vigorously. Avoid this impulse. When carpet stains get violent treatment, the stain can spread out and/or get pushed deeper into the fibers. Always blot the stains with mild to medium pressure.
– Do not let the stain fester. Most are guilty of not treating stains immediately due to time restraints. But this could result in serious consequences. The longer a stain is able to set, the harder it is to remove. All stains should be cared for as soon as possible.
– Do not clean the stain from the inside out. To keep the stain contained, it is better to work from the outside towards the center of the stain. This avoids making bigger mess.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Ripon, Mountain House & Danville California
Our professionals at Carpet Care 2000 have been masterfully trained, and have accumulated years of experience. With our expertise combined with top quality detergents and superior equipment, stains are easily obliterated. Carpets are clean, deodorized, and sanitized leaving you with fresh and vibrant carpets. Call us today to schedule your next appointment!