With people spending more time in the home, and in some cases, with little to do, homeowners often will change the furniture around. Switching the heavy furniture likely reveals eyesores, an assortment of blemishes from crushed in areas in the carpet. These carpet dents are pockets of crushed fabrics that are noticeable and undesirable in any home. This is more common than you may suppose. Today, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to suggest some recommendations on how you can restore the carpet to its original glory and revitalize the carpet dents. You may have to try on or more of the methods for ultimate success if the dents are stubborn from long term effects.
Removing Carpet Dents with Hair Dryer
1) Remove surrounding clutter, including furniture.
2) Without oversaturating the carpets, moderately spray the dents using a spray bottle. The carpets should be somewhat damp, but not soaked.
3) Gently fluff the fibers back into place with the help of a blow dryer and fork. Be careful not to damage carpets as you work.
4) If the dents are not fully restored by the time it is dry, repeat as necessary. Also, if you are finding this method unsuccessful, implement a different method.
Does Steam Cleaning Remove Carpet Dents
1) Give yourself adequate space to maneuver by pushing any bulky furniture or clutter out of the way.
2) Place a clean, white damp cloth directly on the dented carpet.
3) Approximately 3-4 inches above the moist cloth, over an iron on medium heat. Let the produced heat and steam disperse over the area for 30-60 seconds.
4) Depending on manufacturing and materials, you can cause irreversible damage to the fibers by either burning or melting, so be sure NOT to place the hot iron directly on top of carpet.
5) If denting persists, repeat the steps. Should the dents be more stubborn than originally thought, consider using an additional method.
Ice Cube Method of Removing Carpet Dents
Being executed quickly, this method is the top recommended method and most commonly used since it is the most gentlen way to remove carpet dents.
1) To avoid restricting your restoration activities, slide away any furniture that might be too close.
2) Along the length and width of the dent, drop one or more ice cubes.
3) Let the ice cubes melt. During the melting process, the carpet fibers will absorb the water and begin to expand and relax.
4) On the more prominent dents, permit the moisture to soak in overnight.
5) If there is excessive liquid, blot up the remaining moisture, assess the saturation levels in the morning.
6) With caution and care, gently use a fork to loosen and fluff the carpet fibers back to their original design.
7) Repeat as necessary or utilize one of our other methods, if the dents persist on the extreme dents.
Deep Steam Carpet Cleaning & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Be sure to vacuum the area to further relax the fibers after you have completed any of these methods and the surface is completely dry. Contact Carpet Care 2000 today, and let our professionals get your carpet clean and vibrant once again in the event your carpets are in need of a comprehensive cleaning after noticing the obvious traffic patterns in your carpet.