After investing in high-quality carpets, homeowners should do everything they can to keep the carpets well cared for. Annual carpet cleaning services, immediately cleaning up spills, and daily vacuuming are the basics. Treating the carpets with products that help resist staining other harmful things, as well as a high-quality vacuum featuring a HEPA filter are extra options that keep your carpets looking good and healthy. However, maintaining the vacuum is a necessary step to your carpet care. With that in mind, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to share some standard steps to clean your bagless vacuum.
How to Maintain a Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
When it comes to the efficiency of your bagless vacuum, adequate airflow is important. Routinely cleaning the filter and canister promotes ideal airflow and keeps the vacuum doing its job. When the canister reaches the halfway mark is when it should be emptied. The vacuum should be cleaned beyond the emptying of the canister every 4-6 weeks. Always review the vacuums’ manual to specific instructions before cleaning the vacuum.
Supplies Needed to Clean Vacuum Cleaner
– Microfiber cloths
– Sink of warm soapy water
– Scrubbing brush
How to Clean a Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
1) Ensure the vacuum is unplugged before getting started and remove the canister first.
2) Empty the canister and to remove any residual dust, use a dry microfiber cloth wipe the inside.
3) Before washing the canister, submerge it in a sink of warm soapy water. Rinse the suds clean and let it sit out overnight to fully dry. Always make sure the canister is dry before you reassemble the vacuum.
4) The filter will need to be either cleaned or replaced. To find out if your vacuum’s filter is washable or if it needs to be replaced, be sure to read your manual.
5) Go outside or in the trash can, knock all the excess dust first against a hard surface before you wash the washable filter.
6) Until the water runs clear, rinse the filter thoroughly under the tap of warm water. Unless otherwise directed in the manufacturer’s manual, never use any soap or cleaners.
7) The filters need time, usually left out overnight, to dry, in any case, only replace the filter once it is completely dry.
8) Access the beater bar by removing the base plate. Taking care to avoid damage the beater bar, use the scissors to cut loose the threads, strings, and hair wrapped around the beater bar and then brush off the debris.
9) Once the wound-up stringy stuff has been cleared off from the bar, wipe down the beater bar with a microfiber cloth to clean off the residues.
10) Reattach the beater base and the base plate, wipe the base plate with microfiber cloth. After the vacuum is dry and reassembled, wipe the exterior of the vacuum well.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal Services & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
When it comes to professional carpet cleaning services, trust in Carpet Care 2000 to ensure the carpets are efficiently cleaned and refreshed. Our professionals use advanced equipment and premium products to clean your carpets. Contact us to schedule your next appointment today.