When caring for our carpets, many homeowners forget the importance of daily maintenance and that proper care contributes to the overall condition, appearance, and lifespan. Carpets can quickly deteriorate without proper vacuuming, and maintenance; making carpets appear dingy, dull and old before their time. Keeping on top of your own cleaning and care as well as investing professional services will keep your carpets better preserved and in pristine condition. To ensure your carpets last, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to remind our consumers of the basics concerning carpet care.
Carpet Cleaning & Care Tips
1) Not everyone can afford the time to tackle the vacuuming, but for optimal results it is recommended you vacuum the carpets once a day. However, for those who don’t have enough hours in the day vacuum the high-traffic areas are at least 2-3 times a week and at least once a week for the other areas.
2) Once a week, or more frequently if necessary, vacuum under the various rugs placed in the home. To better preserve the carpets condition and minimize the volume of dirt that settles below the carpet pad, vacuum the loose dirt that is trapped between the rug and the carpet.
3) Once a month, break down the vacuum and give it thorough cleaning to ensure efficiency when vacuuming.
4) To help minimize the volume of dirt and debris tracked in on the bottom of shoes, place both indoor and outdoor walk-off mats at the entry and exit points of the home.
5) Utilize area rugs, walk-off mats, and runners throughout the home to offer the carpets better protections and be sure to test the rugs for colorfastness before placing them on the carpet. The colors can potential run onto carpets as many area rugs, runners, or walk-off mats can bleed their colors and stain the carpet.
6) Invest in installing UV protector films, blinds, curtains, or other window treatments for the windows to avert the direct sunlight. Doing so will preserve the carpet’s colors from the fading and damaging effects of the sun. Additionally, to even out the wear, rearrange the furniture if possible to create new walking patterns.
7) Never let stains or spots or stains remain stagnant and treat them with your favorite carpet stain remover cleaner or homemade remedy to treat the stains.
8) Always conduct a patch test of your preferred stain treatment on your carpet in an inconspicuous area to ensure the carpet’s color is not altered or the chemical agents do not cause damage.
9) Periodically re-apply the stain-resistant protector to your carpets, especially after a professional cleaning because over time the protective layer eventually dissipates. Remember these products are only designed to help resistant staining and spots need to be immediately removed as soon as possible.
10) Schedule professional carpet cleaning 1-2 times a year and include upholstery cleaning at the same time to avoid cross contamination.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Deodorizing & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
When it comes time for routine professional deep carpet cleaning, or you are dealing with stubborn stains and odors, call Carpet Care 2000 and let our specialists get your carpets clean, sanitized, and deodorized. Contact us today!