It is common to enjoy a good BBQ in the midst of summertime. Especially in these current circumstances, many people find BBQ the ideal situation to observe social distancing and other safety precautions while still enjoying your loved one’s company. With BBQs, however, comes greasy food, and though greasy food can be indulged in any time of year, the barbecues tend to increase the greasy food factor. Considering the influx of grease and the likelihood of it landing on the carpets, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to offer some assistance in getting the grease from the carpet. The following supplies are needed.
Carpet Cleaning Solution
Synthetic – In a squirt bottle, blend together 1 tbsp ammonia, ¼ tsp of mild liquid dish soap, and 4 cups cold water.
Oriental – Combine 2 parts cold water and 1-part white vinegar in a spray bottle.
Wool – Invest in a quality dry-cleaning solvent for carpets and follow the label’s specific instructions.
– Only cold water in a spray bottle.
– Weights or heavy objects.
– Plain white, dry towel or rag.
– Several plain white paper towels.
Attention: To ensure the carpet will not be damaged, lightened, or discolored, you need to perform a patch test, no matter if you use a DIY remedy or a commercial carpet cleaning product. This test needs to be conducted in the inconspicuous area.
Removing Grease Stains from Carpet
1) Start by blotting the excess substances from the carpet using paper towels or clean rags. Never scrub or rub the spill and make sure you keep the grease from spreading out, start blotting the exterior and work your way towards the center.
2) Administer the cleaner to the grease stain and for 5 minutes, to allow it to break down the grease without over wetting the carpet.
3) You will likely need multiple paper towels or rags to blot the stain depending on the spill. Repeat the application and blotting until grease is removed with different paper towels.
4) To avoid attracting dust and dirt, resulting in a brown spot, rinse the area free of residual solution, after the grease removal. Using a water-damp cloth, rinse the area.
5) Set a dry towel over the damp area and weight it down, let it sit over night and expedite the drying using fans if available.
6) Only when the carpet is completely dry, vacuum the are to return the fibers to their form.
Stain Removal Recommendations
1) Never use hot water, only use warm/cool water to keep stains from setting into the fibers.
2) Stay away from bleach, it will permanently lighten and possibly damage the carpet. Never substitute with dishwasher detergent or laundry detergent as both will cause more harm toto your carpet. Do not use ammonia on wool.
3) If necessary, treat a cotton ball with mineral spirits, lighter fluid, rubbing alcohol, or paint thinner can treat synthetic carpets and use with caution as these remedies are highly flammable, use at your own risk.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
When treating grease stains on your carpets, they can be tricky to efficiently lift. To ensure these stains are effectively dissolved safely, call Carpet Care 2000 and let the professionals handle the spots.