The summertime is the season for a refreshing cool treat, and many people, young and old, will reach for popsicles to cool off and satisfy the sweet tooth. These little popsicle stains on your carpet are not too labor intensive if you know what you are doing though they can be quite unsightly and even cringe worthy if left unchecked. You can eliminate these stains especially with quick action. Considering this we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to take the time to share a few methods to remove the carpet popsicle stains.
How to Get Popsicle Stains with Hydrogen Peroxide
Make sure they are plain white, or you risk transferring dye or print onto carpet, grab a few paper towels, cloths, and one towel and blot the excess moisture. In the spray bottle, mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water. Keep in mind, peroxide has the ability to lighten color and though it is diluted water and should not impact the carpets, but you own risk and do not skip the patch test.
1) Add equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle and shake well. Make sure to leave enough space in the bottle since it will fizz some and you will want to allow room for the fizz.
2) Due to the nature of this mixture, only dampen the surface by lightly misting it. Never over saturate the carpet. Before treatment, allow the mixture to breakdown the stain (10-15 min for minor popsicle spots, no more than 30 minutes for larger stains).
3) Carefully moisten the inflicted area by lightly misting plain water on the spot or use a damp cloth.
4) Blot the excess moisture out along with the popsicle residues with a white cloth. Rinse the cloth out or use a new one in the event the cloth becomes over encumbered with popsicle.
5) With a white, dry towel by blotting the moisture out, dry the treated area. To return the fibers back to their natural texture, vacuum the area once the area is fully dried.
Can Oxi-Clean Remove Stains from Carpet
Do not skip the patch test, avoid Oxi-clean with bleach as that can potentially lighten your carpet. You can scale according to the size of the squirt bottle if necessary, grab a squirt bottle ½ cup Oxi-clean 16 oz. water. White paper towels, cloths, and a towel, clean the area.
1) In a spray bottle and shake well, mix ½ cup Oxi-clean and 16 oz. water.
2) Leave it on the surface for 5-15 minutes after applying the mixture to the various spots.
3) To blot the area, lightly mist the area with pure water or use a damp a cloth. Make certain to rinse the cloth as needed or use a fresh cloth.
4) With more pressure, use your clean, dry towel to blot the remaining moisture from the carpet.
5) After the carpet is completely dry, dry the area to relax the fibers.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Call Carpet Care 2000 and let our professionals combat that stubborn stains to restore them to their beauty, if you are still having a challenge removing the popsicle stains or any other stains for that matter.