No matter how careful you are when you have carpet in your home, there are bound to be spills and stains that happen. That is just life. It is knowing how to handle these spills and stains that can really make a difference. When you find that disaster has struck your carpet, it is important that you know how to clean what, or else you may end up with a bigger problem on your hands. Carpet Care 2000 is here to talk about some carpet cleaning tips that you may not know about.
How Do Professional Carpet Cleaners Remove Stubborn Stains?
There are several different spills and stains that can happen when you have carpet in your home. It is knowing what to do with them that can help you successfully get rid of them.
– Beer & Wine: The best way to remove beer and wine stains is with club soda or vinegar. First, you can try blotting the stain with a club soda soaked cloth. If this doesn’t work, mix a 1:1 ratio of water and vinegar on the stain and blot until it is gone.
– General Stains: If you have some general stains on your carpet, a surprising way to remove them is with shaving cream. Apply the shaving cream directly on the stain and then let it sit for 30 minutes before blotting the stain away.
– Grease: One of the best cleaning solutions to use on a greasy stain is dish soap. It won’t only cut the grease off your dishes, but off your carpet as well. You can mix dawn dish soap with warm water and soak the greasy stain. You can then use a clean cloth to blot it up.
– Chewing Gum: No one wants to find gum on their carpet. If you do, you can get rid of it by freezing the gum before removing. You can then use a spoon to lift it off your carpet.
– Wax: As much as we love candles, we don’t want to see wax on our carpet. If you do, grab your iron and a clean towel. You can melt the wax and transfer it to the towel when you use the iron on the “no steam” setting.
– Blood: One of the best tools to remove blood from your carpet is hydrogen peroxide. Mix a small amount with some warm water and remove it easily from your carpet fibers.
Professional Carpet Cleaning, Repair & Installation & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If you have stains on your carpet that you’re having a difficult time getting up even with the tips that we have mentioned above, it’s time to call on Carpet Care 2000 to come and remove them with our deep cleaning methods. There is no stain that is too difficult for our team of carpet cleaning pros to remove. We will make your carpet look like new again. Call us today!