With their flavorful varieties, cold glasses of milk are a tasty treat loved among people of all ages from babies to adults. Often served at mealtimes or just throughout the day, chocolate and/or strawberry milk are a common household staple. Despite the benefits of this cool refreshing drink, c it can be challenging to remove from carpets. How to remove chocolate and strawberry milk spots from the carpet is what we at Carpet Care 2000 is what we would like to share today.
How Do You Remove Strawberry & Chocolate Milk Stains from Carpet?
1) By using a few paper towels, absorb as much of the excess milk as possible. Blot up the moisture after you place the paper towels on top of the spill and gently apply pressure. Until it no longer saturates the paper towels, soak up the mess and toss them out as you go.
2) To prevent the chocolate or strawberry milk from spreading and absorbing into the fibers, use a small dose of table salt to sprinkle the surface of the spill. In order to absorb the moisture and use the vacuum to remove the remnants, let the salt remain for about 20 minutes.
3) Combine 1 tbsp. dish washing liquid with 2 cups warm water in a squirt bottle or bucket. Saturate a cloth in the solution and blot the remaining stain out of the carpet with the treated cloth. Start on the outside of the edges and work your way towards the center.
An alternate solution is using a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with five cups of warm water, or other commercial carpet stain removers. However, be sure to follow the instructions on the label if you choose to use a commercial cleaner.
4) Remove any residual solution residues from the carpet with a dampen cloth of pure water. Blot out the remaining moisture using a clean, dry towel.
5) Mix together 1 tbsp. ammonia into 2 cups warm water and dampen the mixture onto the sponge and blot out the remaining milk if the stain persists. Use a damp cloth of water only to blot out the diluted ammonia thoroughly as before.
6) Remove the remaining moisture as much as possible with a dry towel.
Additional Note: Be sure to conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous spot to ensure it will not compromise the carpet when treating the chocolate or strawberry milk stain. To neutralize any developing odors, follow up by sprinkling the baking soda the area. Vacuum the remnants when the area is assuredly dry after the baking soda has sat several hours, overnight is optimal. To avoid making the stain worse, never use hot water when treating the milk stain, and only use paper towels, sponges, cloths, towels, and other paraphernalia to treat the area. immediately treat the spill to avoid bacteria growth, odors, and more challenging stains from occurring, especially when it comes to milk whenever possible.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Call Carpet Care 2000 and let our experts assist you with tough stains or odors, or if you simply require a maintenance cleaning.