During the hectic holiday season as you are busy with the hustle and bustle and all the activities, and excitement common during this time of year, you are bound to have a few accidents besmirch your carpet. We at Carpet Care 2000 have compiled a short guide in order to help homeowners remove some of the common beverages spilled on carpets.
How to Clean Eggnog Spills from Carpet
1) Blot out the excess moisture with paper towels or a clean cloth after you remove the of the eggnog with a spoon.
2) Combine ¼ tsp liquid dish soap in 2 cups warm water in a spray bottle.
3) Make certain to blot in between moisture and rinse the stain with warm water and a clean cloth, to avoid oversaturating the carpet.
4) If any eggnog residue persists, gently work a vinegar solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups warm water thoroughly.
5) With blotting and clean cloth, use warm water to rinse the area.
6) Using a towel, dry completely.
How to Get Apple Cider Smell Out of Carpet
1) Utilizing paper towels or a dry cloth, blot away the beverage.
2) Combine 1 tbsp ammonia and 2 cups of warm water in a squirt bottle or bucket.
3) Sponge or spray on the solution with a clean cloth, onto the blemished surface.
4) Carefully work out the cider in circular patterns in addition to blotting, while treating the stain from the outside toward the center.
5) Using warm water, rinse the area thoroughly.
6) With a clean towel, make certain to dry the area as well as possible.
How to Remove Hot Cocoa & Chocolate Milk Stains from Carpet
1) Blot excess liquid with white paper towels.
2) In a squirt bottle or container, mix 1 tbsp dish soap liquid with 2 cups warm water.
3) Apply the mixture to the hot cocoa spot, without oversaturating.
4) With a clean cloth, sop up the mixture and the stain as you blot.
5) Rinse away the solution’s residue, with a cloth treated with cool water.
6) Dry as much as possible by using a clean towel to blot the area as.
How to Remove Red Wine from Carpet
1) Blotting from the exterior and continue towards the center, use paper towels to absorb as much as the spill as possible.
2) On the stain, spritz about 2 ounces of cool water and blot the moisture.
3) In a spray bottle, combine 1 tbsp liquid dish soap, 1 tbsp white vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water.
4) With a cloth treated in the solution, begin dabbing at the remaining stain. You may need a new cloth since as you do not want to oversaturate the carpet as you go and as wine absorbs into the cloth.
5) Blot the solution clean with cool water.
6) To dry the area as best as possible, use a towel.
Stain Removal Considerations
Be sure to use only white, plain paper towels, cloths, and towels since dye or print can transfer to your carpet. No matter if you decide to use our homemade remedies or use a commercial ready-made product, always conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous area to ensure it does not compromise the integrity of your carpet or ruin the color. You can set the stain into the carpet never use hot water.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Call Carpet Care 2000 and let our professionals remove these stains and refresh your carpets, if you have any trouble combating these stains on the carpets.