When it comes to your home, there are several different kinds of allergens in your home. One that can be the most irritating to people is dust mites. People that struggle with severe allergies often have a dust mite problem in their home. One place that dust mites can thrive is in the carpet of your home. Luckily, there are several things that you can do to keep dust mites under control in your home. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some tips that will hopefully help you get dust mites under control.
Can I Keep My Room & Home Dust Mite Free?
There are many things that you can do as a homeowner to keep the dust mite population down in your home. No one wants think of these little bugs thriving in your house. Following are some steps you can take to keep their population down.
– Humidity: Dust mites are going to flourish in a home that has high humidity. If you are wanting to get rid of as many as possible, you need to keep your home dry. Dust mites are attracted to environments that are humid.
– Vacuum Regularly: Homeowners don’t realize how much vacuuming can help keep their home clean. Vacuuming with a vacuum that has a HEPA filter inside it can help to get rid of dust mites. Vacuuming won’t kill dust mites, but it does help to remove them from your carpet completely along with other dirt and debris. This can help your home stay, overall, much cleaner. You should be vacuuming your home a couple of times a week at least.
– Dust: Anytime there is dust on the surfaces in your home, that means there are thousands of dust mites present. Keeping the dust under control in your house can help you keep the dust mite population down.
– No Window Fans: As tempting as it may be to have a fan in your window to help circulate the air in your home, they can bring dust and allergens into your home. When extra dust is brought into your home, it will bring with it dust mites.
– Clean Bedding: Believe it or not, dust mites thrive in your bed sheets. They feed on the dead skin that is abundant in your bed. When you clean your bed sheets on a regular basis, it helps to keep dust mites to a minimum.
– Professional Carpet Cleaning: One of the best ways to ensure there aren’t dust mites in your carpet is to have your carpet professionally steam cleaned. The heat and the steam are capable of killing dust mites to make your home a healthier place to live.