With the Halloween festivities at an end, many people are beginning to prepare for the upcoming holidays. As you look around deciding what needs to be done, you may discover some unfortunate party fouls. We at Carpet Care 2000 would like to share the common Halloween carpet stain removal guide, though we know there are countless substances associated with Halloween that can leave blemishes on the carpet.
Excited Pet Accident Carpet Stains
Halloween is an exciting time for your pets especially if you are having large parties and unfamiliar guests. When the excitement and change in routine occurs, pets can sometimes have accidents. Ensure the pet cleaner remover includes enzyme cleaning agents if you use commercial products. A homemade solution is simply made by combining 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap, 1 tablespoon of salt, 2 cups of warm water, and 1/2 cup of vinegar in a squirt bottle.
1) Immediately treat pet stains whenever possible because if it dries, it is harder to remove. Dampen the stain before you treat it if you found a dried stain.
2) With a clean, absorbent cloth or paper towel, blot away any excess urine.
3) With your preferred solution, generously spray the area. When using this for urine or other penetrating organic stains, such as feces, vomit, and blood, make certain to thoroughly wet area allowing product to reach backing and pad. Spray beyond the stained area on the surface in case liquids expanded below the surface. As enzymes need moisture to work, do not blot or wipe.
4) After you place a damp white paper towel over the treated area, let it dry naturally. Leave to sit overnight.
5) If discoloration remains after it is dry repeat steps until stain is removed.
Chocolate Stains on Carpet
Though chocolate is a must for Halloween, when it is grounded into the carpet or sofa, chocolate is unpleasant. Make sure to do a patch test, no matter if you use commercial products are DIY solution. In a squirt bottle, mix 8 ounces of lukewarm water with ¼ tsp translucent liquid dishwashing detergent for your DIY solution.
1) Remove any excess chocolate with a clean cloth or paper towel. Using a dull tool like a spoon, butter knife, or spatula, scrape off any clumps.
2) With your preferred solution, generously spray the stain, and let it stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
3) Press deep into the stain, lightly agitate the stained area with a clean, work from the edge of the stain towards the center.
4) Blot away with absorbent white paper towel until dry.
5) Repeat as necessary while allowing area to dry thoroughly between applications.
Makeup & Fake Blood Carpet Stains
Again, always perform a patch test whether you use a DIY solution or commercial carpet cleaning product. If stain persists, try water first, and if necessary collect salt and soda water.
1) With a clean, absorbent cloth or paper towel remove excess substances.
2) Using your preferred solution, moderately spray the area. Water often does the trick on its own.
3) Lightly agitate the stained area with a clean by working from the edge of the stain towards the center using a damp white sponge or cloth.
4) Blot with a paper towel as you press deep into spot.
5) Rinse with water and blot using absorbent white paper towel to dry.
6) Spray soda water and sprinkle salt to the top and leave it overnight if stain persists. Vacuum the dry remnants and use a damp cloth to rise the area.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Contact Carpet Care 2000 no matter if you have some tough stains or odors to remove, or if you are in need of a maintenance deep carpet clean.