Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do. There are so many things that need your attention as you get ready for the big day. You are not only trying to get all of your belongings packed up, but you are trying to clean your old space as well. When you are in the moving process, something you may not have considered is your carpet. Moving can wreck your carpet if you aren’t careful. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some tips to help protect your carpet when you are moving.
What Do Movers Use to Protect Carpet & Flooring
When moving day has finally arrived, it’s important that you have taken some steps to keep your carpet from getting ruined by all the foot traffic that is involved with moving an entire house. Following are some tips to help keep your carpet from sustaining damage during your move.
– Don’t Drag Furniture on Carpet: You should never drag any furniture on carpet. This can cause serious damage to carpet that is permanent. You should always pick up any heavy furniture or boxes to move them rather than push them across the carpet. If they are too heavy to move by hand, consider using a dolly, furniture sliders or other moving equipment to safely move the item.
– Use Shoe Booties: Whether you are using a moving company or have a group of your closest friends and family that are helping you move; you may want to consider using shoe booties to help keep your carpet cleaned. This can be helpful when you live in an area that is muddy or is experiencing rainy weather.
– Place Old Rugs in High Traffic Areas: If you have any old rugs that you aren’t planning on using in your new space, they can be helpful in your move. Put them in areas that will see the most traffic like hallways and entryways.
– Plywood Can Protect Carpet when Moving: If you don’t have any old rugs that you can use, plywood can be excellent at protecting your carpet from foot traffic during a move. Simply lay it down in major walkways and you will have carpet that looks like new when you are finished with moving day.
– Plastic Film Can Preserve Carpet: You can purchase plastic film that is sticky on one side to adhere to your carpet. This will place the necessary barrier between shoes and your carpet to avoid deep staining. The adhesive will not transfer to your carpet, but will pull up easily, leaving your carpet clean beneath it.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If you are getting ready to move or have moved and find that your carpet is filthy after moving day, you can call on Carpet Care 2000 to remove any staining left behind from your move. We will make your carpet look like new again as there aren’t any stains that we can’t completely get rid of for you. Call us today!