There are many holidays’ traditions to be had this time of year with all the crafting, baking, and keeping the kids busy with artsy creations. Especially with clumsy fingers and the excitement of the holiday activities, there is bound to be a few spills. For common carpet spills this holiday season, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to offer a carpet removal guide.
Please Note: Always conduct your patch test of any carpet cleaning aid you use in an inconspicuous area prior to treating the stain, no matter if you are using a store brought solution or a homemade remedy. You can cause a stain to set in if you use hot water, be sure not to use it. To contain the stain, begin from the outer rims and working to the center with blotting. In order prevent the dyes or prints from transferring to the carpets, only use white paper towels, cloths, and towels. Avoid oversaturating the carpets, otherwise water damage and mold can develop.
How Do You Get a Cookie Food Icing Stain Out of Carpet?
1) You can scrape the chunks off the surface by using a butter knife or spoon. Be careful to keep it from smearing. As you go, wipe it off on a paper towel.
2) In a squirt bottle, combine equal parts of cold water and white vinegar.
3) Gently blot up the stain as you apply the solution onto a clean cloth or sponge sparingly.
4) Using fresh paper towels, blot remaining residues.
5) Repeat as necessary.
6) Use a clean towel to pull up as much moisture as possible and let the area dry thoroughly.
How Do You Remove Kids Washable Paint Out of Carpet?
1) Spoon up the excess of the washable paint from the surface.
2) Use a paper towel to blot the remaining residues. Without using too much pressure, pat the stain from the outside towards the center.
3) If the paint has dried, scrape it off with a dull edge.
4) Mix 1 cup warm water and 1/2 tsp dish soap in a squirt bottle.
5) After generously applying the solution to the surface and without oversaturating, use a damp cloth to carefully work out the stain.
6) Continue to repeat the steps as needed to remove the stain.
7) Rinse the area with cool water from a spray bottle, or water-dampen cloth, and blot up the solution efficiently.
8) Should the spit only become discolored with a brownish color, mix 2-parts water with 1-part white vinegar. Once you applied the treatment with solution-treated cloth, blot with dry cloth in between application to avoid oversaturation.
Glitter Glue Stain Removal from Carpet
1) Scoop up the bulk of the glitter glue with a spoon or similar tool and wipe it off onto a paper towel.
2) Work the exterior toward the interior of the stain using a damp cloth to blot the glitter glue residue.
3) Carefully work the remaining stain out by moderately applying alcohol onto a sponge if there are any remains.
4) Prevent oversaturation by rinsing cool water and a cloth.
5) Pat the area down with forceful pressure using a dry towel.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
To remove any challenging stains and ensure your carpets are restored to pre-holiday condition, call in the professionals of Carpet Care 2000!