When it comes the carpet cleaning, there are some hacks that can help you maintain clean and spotless carpets. To help you keep your carpets in pristine condition, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to share a few carpet cleaning hacks and tricks.
What to Put on Carpet to Keep it Clean & Fresh
1) Use Ice Cubes to Remove Furniture Dents. A great way to give any room a new look and revitalized feel is rearranging furniture. The heavy furniture, as you likely noticed, has left deep imprints on your carpet that distract you from enjoying your space. On those unsightly impressions and give it time to melt, place a regular ice cube. With a white cotton cloth, dab away the excess water. Until the carpet fibers are nearly dry, place another white towel down over the area and iron on top of it. Carpets are left pliable, soft, and lifted up to their former state.
2) Shag Carpets are Better Vacuumed with Nozzle Vacuuming. They are just as tough to clean as ever, and shag carpets are coming back in style again. Vacuuming normally can cause shag fibers to become frizzy, loosen, and shed, although you may feel like this kind of carpet needs to be vacuumed extra frequently. These carpets can be destroyed if you are not careful. There’s a way to keep your shag carpet clean without having to deal with constant shedding.
Get out the hose attachment to do more detailed vacuuming of your shag carpet, instead of using your vacuum as usual. Resulting in less fiber loss and frizz comes from the concentrated nozzle will clean deep into the roots of the carpet without stressing its weave.
3) Refresh & Deodorize Carpet with Baking Soda. Known as a cure-all for many problems around the house, and your carpets are no exception is baking soda. If you feel your rugs and carpets are beginning to smell a bit musty but you don’t have time for a deep clean, use baking soda. Allowing it to rest for five or ten minutes, simply add a few drops of citrus essential oils to a 16-ounce box of baking soda and sprinkle this mixture on the carpet. Vacuum up the powder. A carpet that both smells and looks fresh is the result.
4) Oil Stain Removal Solution. Alleviate the effects of an otherwise disastrous oil stain and boost freshness with baking soda. It’s important to act quickly to absorb it should you ever spill oil on a carpet or rug. Rubbing the spot will only cause the oil to spread and make the stain even larger than before. Soak up excess oil with baking soda, instead. Until it is clear the power has absorbed the oil, creating a crusty texture, apply a liberal amount of baking soda to the stained area and leave it. To reveal a significantly lighter stain, vacuum up this mixture. Reach out to a professional carpet cleaning service to help get the rest of the stain out as soon as possible.
5) Squeegee Pet Hair from Carpet. It can stick to your carpets and upholstery with an unexpected power as much as you may try to vacuum up all the pet hair in your house. It’s time to reach for a squeegee when vacuuming just doesn’t cut it. It can also dislodge pet hair and other stubborn particles from carpets and fabrics while this tool is designed for glass windowpanes. Just squeegee your couches and carpets as you would a window.