During the hectic holiday season, you are highly likely to experience spills on the carpeting as you are busy with the hustle and bustle and all the activities, and excitement common during this time of year. We Carpet Care 2000 compiled a short guide to help homeowners remove some of the common holiday beverages spilled on carpets.
How Do You Get Red Wine Stains Out of Carpet?
1) Absorb as much as the spill as possible using paper towels, and make sure to blot from the exterior and continue towards the center to better control the mess.
2) On the stain, spritz about ounce of cool water and blot the moisture out again.
3) In a spray bottle, combine 1 tbsp liquid dish soap, 1 tbsp white vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water.
4) With a cloth treated in the solution, begin dabbing at the remaining stain. You must avoid oversaturating the carpet as you go and as wine absorbs into the cloth, you may need a new cloth.
5) Blot the solution clean using a water-dampen cloth.
6) To dry the area as best as possible, is weighted down clean towels and a fan if possible.
Does Hot Cocoa Stain Carpet?
1) Blot excess liquid as efficiently as possible.
2) In a squirt bottle or container, mix 1 tbsp dish soap liquid with 2 cups warm water.
3) Moderately apply the mixture to the hot cocoa spot, being careful to not oversaturate the area.
4) As you blot with a clean cloth, sop up the mixture and the stain.
5) Rinse away the solution’s residue using a water damp cloth.
6) To blot the area as dry as possible, use a clean towel.
How Do You Remove Eggnog Carpet Stains?
1) Blot out the excess moisture, after removing the bulk of the eggnog with a spoon and with paper towels or a clean cloth.
2) Combine ¼ tsp liquid dish soap in 2 cups warm water in squirt bottle.
3) Blot in between moisture to avoid oversaturating the carpet and rinse the stain with warm water and a clean cloth.
4) Should any eggnog residue persist, gently work a vinegar solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups warm water thoroughly.
5) Rinse the area with warm water after blotting using a clean cloth.
6) With a towel, dry completely.
How Do You Get Cider Stains Out of Carpet?
1) With paper towels or a dry cloth, blot away the beverage.
2) Combine 1 tbsp ammonia and 2 cups of warm water in a spray bottle.
3) With a clean cloth, sponge or spray on the solution onto the blemished surface.
4) Gently work out the cider in circular patterns in addition to blotting, working the stain from the outside toward the center.
5) Using warm water, rinse the area thoroughly.
6) With a clean towel, make certain to dry the area as well as possible.
Cautionary Note: Be sure to use only white, plain paper towels, cloths, and towels as the dye or print can transfer to your carpet. No matter if you decide to use our homemade remedies or use a commercial ready-made product to ensure it does not compromise the integrity of your carpet or ruin the color, always conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous area. Never use hot water as it can set the stain into the carpet.