There are many carpet cleaning solutions as well as detergents that help maintain carpet softness and other care. Today, we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to share a few DIY cleaning solutions that will benefit the cleanliness and care of your carpets.
Removing Most Carpet Stains
This is a good option for treating stains and spots in most types of carpets. Due to chemical reaction, vinegar and baking soda will work well in the form of a cleaner. It foams up and eliminate stains from the carpet when. alkaline baking soda reacts with vinegar, as it makes oxygenated gas. How to use:
– Sprinkle baking soda on the stain.
– Pour small amount of vinegar on baking soda, enough that the baking soda reacts.
– Using a hard-bristle brush, Massage the solution gently into the carpet.
– For at least 4 to 6 hours, leave the solution on stain. It should be dry.
– The baking soda residue can be easily vacuumed.
Steam Carpet Cleaning Solution
To clean the entire carpet with steam cleaner, you can use vinegar and water. However, you need to find out whether the carpet is made of natural or synthetic material. You should be extremely careful at the time of cleaning them since natural fibers can be very delicate. You need to mix one part vinegar with two parts water for synthetic carpets. Wool carpets need one to one ratio of water and vinegar. Using it:
– Mix the water and vinegar ratio accordingly and the solution to your steam cleaner.
– By following the instructions on machine, clean carpets properly.
– Allow your carpet to dry efficiently.
Treating New Carpet Spills
This is for eliminating the stains from dropping food or wine. Being its granular property makes it convenient to vacuum up the mess, salt helps in absorbing liquid stains like wine. The stains which are set in granular salt gives scrubbing extra abrasion that can remove the stains soon. After a spill, make sure you apply the treatment immediately. How to apply it:
– Blot out the excess moisture with paper towels or dry rag.
– Sprinkle some salt on the stain and place a damp cloth on top for five minutes.
– On top of the stain, pour small amount of cold water.
– Use a soft brush to scrub the stain.
– With a damp cloth, rinse thoroughly and blot dry.
Consider a dry-cleaning solution if you need to make the carpets fresh or remove bad smell. You do not need to be concerned about drying time, and this might not be very effective in eliminating bacteria and stains. The use:
– On the carpet, generously sprinkle baking soda.
– You can add some dry spices such as rosemary or cinnamon. Make sure the spice will not stain the carpet and you can sprinkle the spice in a bowl with the baking soda, or over the top of the already sprinkled baking soda.
– Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
– Vacuum your carpet slowly and efficiently.
Soften Carpet After Cleaning
Carpets are made of fibers and can be softened with fabric softener. Prep the softening solution by combining half cup of fabric softener with one cup of vinegar, one tablespoon of dishwashing agent, one cup of warm water. Put this mixture in a spray bottle and spray over the carpet lightly till it is damp. Allow it to dry completely after you take a soft brush so that the solution works well on the carpets.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Though these are useful DIY solutions, nothing compares to the deep cleaning service of a professional carpet cleaning expert. At least once a year, call in the experts of Carpet Care 2000 to ensure your carpets are professionally deep-cleaned and we will do the rest.