Even when you love your pets dearly, it can be frustrating when they leave messes behind around the house. If you have carpet in your home, accidents can be truly difficult to remove. Often, you will be able to remove the stain itself, but you won’t be able to remove the odor that goes along with it. To remove pet odors, it can take some extra effort. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share our best tips to help you remove any pet odors from your carpet.
How Do You Get Dog Smell Out of Carpet?
When you find that you have pet odors lingering in your carpet, there are several regular household items that you may already have to help you remove them. Following are some home remedies that have proven helpful in removing pet odors:
– Baking Soda: If you don’t have ample amounts of baking soda in your home, it is something you should invest in. This is one of the most natural and effective household cleaners out there. Baking soda can help to remove odors as well as stains around the home. This doesn’t exclude carpet either. If you have pet odors in your carpet, you can sprinkle baking soda on the area and let it sit for 20 plus minutes before vacuuming it up. This will neutralize the smell.
– Vinegar: If you are only using vinegar in your favorite recipes, you’re missing out. This is another helpful cleaning product for your home. Mixing vinegar and water together in a water bottle to be spritzed over bad smells, is a great way to deodorize your home. Simply spray the solution on areas where your pet has had an accident and you will find that the smells dissipate.
What if a Home Remedy Does Not Get Rid of Pet Odors?
While these home remedies can be extremely effective, there are times that they don’t completely remove the odor from your carpet. If this is the case, you are better off leaving the deep cleaning up to the professionals. Professionals have stronger cleaning solutions and better extracting equipment that will strip your carpet from any bad odors or staining and leave you with carpet that is like new again.
Does Pet Odor Ever Go Away?
After you have had your carpet professionally cleaned, the last thing you want is for those odors to return. There are a few things that you can do to stop this from happening:
– Keep your pet groomed. Grooming your pet on a regular basis will help to keep the dander to a minimum and help with the smell.
– Potty train your pet. If your pet isn’t completely potty trained, now is the time to make a conscious effort to get him/her there.
– Schedule regular professional cleaning. Getting your carpet professionally cleaned isn’t a one time thing when you have a pet. You need to have your carpet cleaned professionally twice a year.