Everyone has that one side they look most forward to at Thanksgiving. It’s the biggest feast of the year for many and everywhere you look, there is delicious food staring at you. But what happens when the meal is eaten and cleared off the table only to find some remnants left behind on your carpeting? Or worse yet, when you rearrange the furniture and discover a stain that is now old? Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some tips to help you get rid of the most common Thanksgiving stains left behind on your carpets.
How to Clean & Remove Gravy Stains on Carpet
Many people would argue that gravy makes everything better. Well, that may be true on everything other than your carpeting. Here is how to remove gravy spills from your carpeting:
• Remove any excess gravy from carpet.
• Use a paper towel to soak up excess grease. Press paper towel on stain, don’t scrub.
• Mix equal parts of hot water and vinegar and dip paper towel or rag in mixture. Then work the mixture into the stain. Remember dab, don’t rub.
• Repeat third step as many times as it takes to completely remove the stain.
• Avoid stepping on wet area until carpet has completely dried.
How to Remove Cranberry Sauce Stains on Carpet
Cranberry sauce is one of the most traditional side dishes at Thanksgiving dinner for most people. It is a beautiful red color, but when it spills on carpet, it can be difficult to remove. Here are some tips to help you remove cranberry sauce spills from your carpets:
• Remove any excess cranberry sauce from carpet.
• Use a clean rag or paper towel to soak up the liquid from the carpet that you can.
• In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon liquid detergent with 1 cup of hot water.
• Pour a small amount of the liquid on the stain and work it in with your fingers.
• Use a clean towel to blot it dry and make sure you don’t rub as this will work the stain deeper into the fibers.
• Repeat last step as many times as it takes to completely get rid of the stain.
How to Get Old Red Wine Out of Carpet
Some say that wine will bring out all the flavors of your Thanksgiving dinner, and you should never enjoy a feast without it. While it might bring out the delicious flavors of your turkey, it can be a disaster when it spills on your carpet. Here are some tips to remove red wine spills from your carpet:
• As soon as you see a red wine spill on your carpet, get a clean towel or rag and start to blot excess wine. Blot as much as you can and quickly before the stain starts to settle even deeper into the carpet.
• Now pour club soda on the wine spill.
• Blot up excess soda with a clean rag or towel
• Repeat as many times as needed to completely get rid of the spill.
Carpet Cleaning in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for all that we are blessed with. Enjoying a feast with those we love is just icing on the cake. Don’t let Thanksgiving dinner end up damaging your carpet. If you have spills that you can’t seem to get rid of, Carpet Care 2000 can help. We have the equipment to get rid of even the toughest stains. Call us today!