Redecorating or rearranging a room can give it a face-lift without too much fuss. But have you ever noticed moving those pieces of furniture around the room leave carpet dents or divots in their wake? They are obnoxious little eye sores, that seem to take weeks, sometimes months to relax; if they ever relax on their own. When company comes to visit, it always seems that they are intrigued with the new arrangement for a minute, but somehow always seem to find those little dents. But instead of listening to the tales you have, they seem completely focused on that little dent, rarely look you in the eye and don’t seem to be listening, but trying to work out how to get rid of those nuisances for you.
Fear not, Carpet Care 2000 would like to offer a solution on getting rid of those pesky carpet dents so you can have everyone’s full attention.
Method #1 – Remove Carpet Dents with Ice Cubes
(This method is recommended and most common as it is the gentlest way to remove carpet dents, but does take the longest to execute.)
– Move the furniture out of the way to begin your quest.
– Drop an ice cube or cubes along the length and width of the dent.
– Allow the ice cubes to melt. As they do, the carpet fibers will begin to expand and relax.
– Allow the moisture to soak in overnight.
– Check the saturation in the morning, if it is still excessively damp, blot up the excess liquid.
– Use a fork to gently and cautiously loosen and fluff the carpet fibers back to their original design.
– If the dent is extremely stubborn and persists, repeat the steps. If time is of the essence, try method #2 or #3.
Method #2 – Raising Carpet Pile with Blow Dryer
– Move furniture out of the way.
– Spray dents down generously with water bottle. The carpet does not need to be soaked, but adequately wetted.
– Armed with a blow dryer and a fork, gently and cautiously; fluff the fibers back into place.
– Repeat if dents persists or try a different method.
Method #3 – Removing Carpet Dents with Steam
– Remove the furniture out of the way.
– Place a clean, dampened cloth on top of the dent.
– On medium heat, hover an iron just 3-4 inches above the cloth and allow the heat and steam to disperse for 30-60 seconds.
– Avoid pacing iron directly on top of carpet, as this could damage the fibers by either burning or melting them depending on manufacturing and materials.
– Repeat if necessary, or try a new method.
After removing furniture, and replacing it in their new places, hire Carpet Care 2000 to give your carpet a deep and thorough cleaning. Not only will your carpet be fresh and bright, but more than likely the dents and divots will be loosened and easier fluffed if not already done so.