With kids out of school for the summer and the busyness you are likely experiencing at home, you may find your carpets take a beating as well. With so much going on, you may need some carpet cleaning tips that will help you remove some of the most common summer carpet stains from your carpet. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some of the best ways to remove common summer carpet stains.
How to Remove Kool-Aid, Ketchup Tomato Sauce & BBQ Carpet Stains
As you have several get togethers at your home this summer, in all the commotion there may be some spills that inevitably end up happening on your carpet. Some of the most common culprits are Kool-Aid and other dark drinks as well as ketchup and other condiment stains. Following are some of the steps you should take in removing them from your carpet.
– Work quickly to blot the stain away with a clean cloth. It is important that you don’t scrub the stain.
– Mix a solution of ¼ cup vinegar, 1 TBSP dish soap and warm water in a squirt bottle. Spray the stain with this solution and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Blot with a clean cloth until the stain is gone.
– If your homemade solution doesn’t work some good cleaning agents for your carpet are Oxi-Clean or Resolve. Don’t ever use bleach.
How to Get Grass Stains Out of Carpet
Hopefully your kids are enjoying the great outdoors this summer. If they are spending much time outside, they will likely bring in grass and other debris from outside. When you have grass stains on your carpet, they are unsightly. The chlorophyll that is found in grass is great at dyeing things green unfortunately. Following are the steps to remove it from your carpet.
– Vacuum the grass up using the suction too rather than the vacuum itself to avoid creating more grass stains on the carpet.
– Using a wet, white cloth blot the stain until it won’t come up on the cloth any longer.
– Mix together two teaspoons of dish soap with warm water and spray on the stain. Let it sit for five minutes and begin blotting it to pull it out.
– If this doesn’t work, you can also try using vinegar or rubbing alcohol to remove it.
Cleaning Blood Stains on Carpet
If your kids are like most, they play hard. Part of playing hard comes with cuts and scrapes that can drip blood on your carpet. Here is the best way to remove blood stains from carpet.
– It is important that you work quickly with blood stains to remove them.
– Using cold water and a clean white cloth, blot up as much as you can.
– Oxi-Clean is the best cleanser to remove blood stains. Mix a small amount with cold water and let it sit on the blood for a few minutes before working to remove it.
– You can also use dish soap mixed with cold water if that isn’t working.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If there are traces of summer left on your carpet that won’t budge, you can call on Carpet Care 2000 to remove them today!