With the holiday season in full swing, the last thing you need to worry about is ruining the beautiful carpet cleaning service you had done by Carpet Care 2000. With the business of the activities, you can afford little time to clean messes that can be easily avoided. With that in mind, we at Carpet Care 2000 have provided a few tips and some advice on how you can better protect your carpets from the holiday hustle and bustle.
Best Ways to Keep Carpets Clean at Home
1) No shoes on carpet. Where some have no problem enforcing the “no shoes” policy on carpets, others have difficulty. But keeping the shoes off can spare your carpets from a lot of the dirt and potential stains. If you have a challenge speaking up about guests kicking off their shoes, keep it light and encourage the cozy and intimate affair of having them be relaxed without needing shoes. As an added playful thought, have a Christmas socks theme to drive the request home.
2) Offer white wine to avoid red wine spills. Holiday merriment comes in many forms. Instead of offering red wines, consider switching it up to white wines, champagne, sparkling cider, as well as liquor. This can help you avoid the inevitable dark red stain on the carpets and the lighter stuff is easier to get out, should it spill.
3) Welcome entryway mats. You can get your home a new welcome mat for year round or spread more cheer and get some Christmas walk off mats. This will help any dirt and debris or mud and moisture should the rains come during the festivities. By keeping the majority of filth contained, you can spare your freshly professional cleaned carpets from being bombarded with dirt and debris and potential spots.
4) Give dogs a bath to prevent pet hair on carpet! The pet hair is bound to get everywhere, where some are still shedding especially. To avoid getting a buildup of pet fur on your carpets, and the upholstery, clothing, and so on, consider getting the pup a fresh cut and a doggy shampoo to minimize the pet hair.
5) Contain the kids’ crafting space away from carpet. During the Christmas excitement, many kids love to indulge in the Christmas crafting where the creativity is flowing and they need something to do as an outlet. If possible, designate an area for them to keep busy with their crafting away from the carpets; tile linoleum is best choices and wood flooring is even better than carpets. Just remember no matter where they end up, immediately take care of the spills.
6) Don’t forget to clean up the fireplace. This mostly applies if you have a wood burning fire place. Ensuring the ash is cleaned up after every use is essential to avoid any ash soot, and embers from making contact with your carpets.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
There is still plenty of time to get your carpet cleaned before the Christmas fray. If your carpets could use a carpet cleaning to get the stains, odors, and debris from the carpets, call in the experts of Carpet Care 2000 to get your carpets fresh and vibrant for the holiday guests.