With the New Year comes reorganizing your home. Whether you got spoiled with some new furniture or crave a change in scenery, rearranging your home is quite fitting as you put the holiday possessions away. As you move the heavy furniture, which is beneficial to the overall care of your carpets, you may notice that there are noticeable spots on your carpet, where it has dented in, and leaving pockets of crushed fabric. This is commonplace, and thankfully easily restored. We at Carpet Care 2000 would like to offer some tips on how you can relieve your carpet of those dented eye sores, and restore it to original glory. We have listed three different methods. If the dents are stubborn from long term affects, you may have to try on or more of the methods for ultimate success.
Method #1 – Using a Blow Dryer to Remove Carpet Dents
– Clear away the furniture.
– Generously spray the dents with a water bottle, but do not over saturate the carpet. The carpet should not be soaked, but adequately wetted.
– Get your blow dryer and a fork ready and gently fluff the fibers back into place. Proceed with caution as you do not want to damage your carpet.
– Repeat if the dents are not fully relaxed by the time it is dry. If necessary, apply an additional method for maximum results.
Method #2 – Removing Carpet Dents with Iron & Steam
– Push any bulky furniture out of the way to give yourself adequate space to maneuver.
– Directly on the dented carpet, place a clean, white damp cloth.
– Hover an iron on medium heat approximately 3-4 inches above the moist cloth and allow the heat and steam produced to disperse over the area for 30-60 seconds.
– Do NOT place the hot iron directly on top of carpet, as this could irreversible damage to the fibers by either burning or melting them depending on manufacturing and materials.
– Repeat if dents persist. If dent continues after multiple applications try one of our other methods.
Method #3 – How to Get Dents Out of Carpet with Ice Cubes
Please note, this method is recommended and is most commonly used being that it is the most gentleness way to remove carpet dents and can be done the quickest.
– Slide away any furniture that might restrict your restoration activities.
– Drop one or more ice cubes along the length and width of the dent.
– Allow time for the ice cubes to melt. While the ice cubes gradually melt the carpet fibers will absorb the water and begin to expand and relax.
– Permit the moisture to soak in overnight on the more prominent dents.
– Assess the saturation levels in the morning, if there is excessive liquid, blot up the remaining moisture.
– Using a fork to gently loosen and fluff the carpet fibers back to their original design, do so with caution as you do not want to damage the fibers.
– If the dents persist on the extreme dents, repeat as necessary or utilize one of our other methods.
Following all three methods and once the carpet is thoroughly dry, vacuum the area to further relax the fibers.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If your carpets are in need of a comprehensive cleaning after noticing the obvious traffic patterns in your carpet, contact Carpet Care 2000 today, and let our professionals get your carpet clean and vibrant once again.