The ghosts and ghouls of Halloween are all fun and games; until you notice that the aftermath of the party is left on your carpet. Getting Halloween stains out of your carpet can be challenging, but with some tips and tricks, the situation is totally manageable. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some tips that will help you remove Halloween stains from your carpet.
Pumpkin Stain Removal from Carpet
Sometimes while making your jack-o-lantern smile, the guts of the pumpkin can make their way onto your carpet. Here are the steps to remove any trace of pumpkin from your carpet.
1. Remove any excess pumpkin from the surface of your carpet. Use a dull knife or a spoon to scoop or scrape away any pumpkin on your carpet.
2. Mix together one teaspoon non-bleach laundry detergent with one quart of warm water in a squirt bottle and spray the pumpkin stain.
3. Allow the cleaning solution to sit on the carpet for 5 minutes or so before getting to work.
4. Use a clean white cloth to blot away any cleaning solution as well as the pumpkin stain. Continue blotting the stain until it is removed.
5. Rinsing the area after removing the stain is important. Any cleaning solution left behind could potentially attract other dirt and debris.
Removing Black Eyeshadow Makeup from Carpet
Nothing will finish a costume like the perfect makeup. Halloween makeup, especially black makeup, can be difficult to remove from any surface, but especially carpet. Here are the steps to removing zombie makeup from your carpet.
1. Remove any excess makeup from the surface of your carpet. When doing this, do it carefully, blotting rather than scrubbing. Scrubbing will only smear it into the fibers even more.
2. Use either makeup remover or isopropyl alcohol to remove the stain. You should always test any cleaner on an inconspicuous area of your carpet to make sure it won’t damage it.
3. After testing the cleaner, saturate the stain and allow the cleaner to sit for 10 minutes before blotting to remove it. Never scrub the stain. This will only smear the stain and damage the fibers of your carpet.
4. Repeat step number 3 as many times as needed to completely remove the makeup.
5. Rinse the area after you have successfully removed the stain.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Deodorizing & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Sometimes, the stains left behind from Halloween can seem impossible to remove. If you are having a difficult time removing any Halloween stains from your carpet, the carpet experts at Carpet Care 2000 are here to help. We have the extensive training and experience needed to help you erase any trace of Halloween from your carpet. With the right resources, there isn’t a stain out there that we aren’t able to get rid of. Sometimes, your busy schedule may simply not afford any extra time for cleaning carpet. Call us today for any of your carpet cleaning needs.