With the visitors making plans to come to your abode for Thanksgiving, or even the whole Thanksgiving weekend, many people will be preparing with the hustle and bustle of ensuring the guest rooms are prepped, the menu is perfect, and the house is fresh. Even if your carpets are seemingly spotless, many folks want their carpets fresh and the home ready when the people come for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We at Carpet Care 2000 would like to take the opportunity to share a few methods to help you the carpets fresh in time for Thanksgiving.
Carpet Deodorizer Method #1 – Baking Soda and Lavender Essential Oil Treatment
1) Take a 1/2 cup of baking soda and mix in about 30 drops of lavender essential oil (or your favorite essential oil scent.
2) Pour the mixture into a vented container, such as a mason jar with slotted holes in the lid, or you can puncture them yourself; a spice or parmesan cheese container works well too.
3) Let the mixture vent through the container for at least 24 hours. At the end of the 24 hours, sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet’s surface and allow it to linger for 15-30 minutes.
4) Slowly and thoroughly vacuum the carpets methodically, overlapping the lanes as you go. Any odors that will have been developed will be neutralized in the air and the carpets and the lavender oil will help your home smell all the fresher for your guests.
Carpet Deodorizer Method #2 – Vinegar Treatment
1) Fill white distilled vinegar into a spray bottle.
2) Though initially people may find the smell of vinegar offensive, the strong scent only lasts until the vinegar is dried. As it does dry, the vinegar dissolves most germs and bacteria, eliminating the source of many odors.
3) If any odors persist, you can repeat the steps, just do not over saturate.
How to Keep Carpets Fresh
1) Essential Oils in a Diffuser. There are quite a few people in love with the natural, healthy remedy effects of essential oils and most will add the benefit of making you home smell amazing.
2) Boil Citrus Peeling. Not only can you boil the citrus peels, but a lot of derive from the garbage disposal. When you are done boiling the peels, grind it up in the garbage dispose to help combat any odors found there.
3) Vacuum the carpets daily o remove the dirt, debris, and odor-causing particualtes.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Ultimately, a professional carpet cleaning is the best way to get your carpets fresh, removed of any spots and stains in addition to the accumulation of dirt and debris that has slipped beyond the reach of your vacuum. Carpet cleaning neutralizes any odors, freshens them from the stagnant smells, as well as making them look vibrant. To ensure your carpets are fresh for Thanksgiving, call Carpet Care 2000 now to schedule your appointment. With our comprehensive carpet cleaning services your carpets will look their best and smell fresh in time for your holiday activities.