Do you want your furniture to look as good as it did the day you bought it? If you take a minute to think about all the time you spend on your furniture you will realize that the upholstery can really take a beating. Your upholstered furniture can absorb dust, allergens, spills, oils and a host of other contaminants on a daily basis. When was the last time you have your upholstered furniture cleaned? If you don’t know, you’re overdue!
Benefits of Upholstery Cleaning
1. Cleaning enhances the way your upholstered furniture looks. Regular professional cleanings can make a big difference in the way your upholstery looks. It will remove stains and can add to a general radiance. If your furniture has started to look dull and drab, a professional cleaning is in order. Professional cleanings will also maintain color, so they never fade or change.
2. Cleaning can make your upholstery stronger. Upholstery can start to breakdown over time. This can be upsetting to notice as it signals that your upholstery is not as thick and strong as it used to be. Tiny specks of dust that have sharp edges can scrape against upholstery. Professional cleanings can remove destructive dust and lengthen the lifespan of your furniture.
3. Cleaning can remove allergens from couch. Allergens are nasty and can make life miserable. They can cause sneezing, itchiness, watery eyes and breathing problems. You can say goodbye to them when you have your upholstery cleaned by professionals.
4. Cleaning sofa makes your home smell good and fresh. Fabric has a way of holding onto odors. This is the reason that your upholstery might start to smell less than pleasant. Professional cleanings can remove yucky smells and offer deodorization that can make your home smell squeaky clean, not to mention your whole house.
5. Cleaning can protect your upholstery. Furniture can be very expensive, so you’ll want to hold on to it for as long as possible. A good way to do that is to protect it from destruction and wearing out. Professionals know how to clean any type of upholstery safely. The wrong cleaning method or solution can ruin your upholstery.
How Often Should You Have Upholstery Cleaned?
You can damage your upholstered furniture is you over clean the fabric. So, how often should you have it cleaned? Your upholstery should be vacuumed regularly. It’s the best way to keep it free of dust, dirt, and allergens. It’s also an important step to take before you have it cleaned by professionals. As far as how often you need to deep clean it, there are a couple of questions to ask yourself. How frequently is it used? Do you have children or pets? If you do, you will have clean it more often. Professional upholstery cleaning should be done at least once or twice every two years-. More if you notice a musty smell or visible stains.