In the living room, sofas are a prime spot for both humans and furry pets. The couch is used for visiting in comfort, lounging with a book, TV, or other electronic device among other uses. It develops odors simply from the natural sweat and oils people and pets produce, if nothing else, over time. Odor causing contaminants that will buildup, including pets and people, along with food, beverage, chemical, and substance spills will cause odors to develop. To help significantly control the odors from developing or neutralizing them when they do, combating the odors in between professional deep cleanings along with routine cleaning and care. Some tips to neutralize odors on sofas is what we at Carpet Care 2000 would like to share today.
What is the Best Way to Clean a Fabric Sofa?
The sofa should undergo a basic cleaning with the steps below that you will find. Gather the following materials:
– Baking Soda
– Vacuum cleaner with hose and all the attachments
1) You will need to remove all of the dust, hair, and other debris from the surface by using the vacuum’s hose and appropriate attachments, particularly the upholstery brush. Make sure to efficiently remove the cushion and vacuum the front, back, and all four sides.
2) You can sprinkle the baking soda generously over the sofa’s surface once all of the surface debris is removed. Make certain the cushions are set off to the side and treated separately. For about 15 minutes, allow the baking soda to soak in the fabric. The odor molecules are absorbed in the baking soda and the smells are removed.
3) To remove the baking soda and the odors with it, vacuum the sofa again. Make certain to empty it, the prior dirt and debris in addition to the baking soda will likely fill the canister or vacuum bad to capacity.
4) Lightly mist the sofa with white vinegar if the smells persist. It does destroy the bacteria that can be contributing to the odors though the vinegar will improve the initial smell. Lightly mist so it can dry quickly and never oversaturate.
How Do I Stop My Upholstery from Staining & Smelling
Make certain to immediately cleanup spills to avoid a pungent sofa. Any food or beverages left behind creates rotten odors and any liquid, including water, can create a musty odor. To absorb any liquid and use a spoon or spatula to remove the chunks first, start by using a dry, clean cloth. For specific washing directions and cleaners safe to use, follow the upholstery tag’s directions. When cleaning the sofa to ensure it will not be compromised in anyway, make certain to always perform a patch test on any chemicals or homemade used. Invest in a professional deep upholstery cleaning service every 6-12 months, to better combat the odors from occurring, as well. In addition to eliminating odors, it will also remove allergens, contaminates, compacted soil, spots, and stains.
Upholstered Furniture Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
For your upholstery cleaning services in Tracey, CA, call Carpet Care 2000 today. In order to ensure maximum results, our specialists deliver high quality upholstery cleaning, leaving your sofa clean, sanitized, and deodorized with the help of powerful equipment.