The carpets in your home experience a lot of direct traffic. This leads to the dirt accumulation and general wear and tear. Keeping your carpets well maintained keeps them looking great and lasting longer. Carpets should be professionally cleaned at least once a year, twice if it gets a lot of foot traffic. It’s also important to vacuum them at least once a week between cleanings. Carpet Care 2000 outlines some of the perks you can expect from annual professional carpet cleaning.
Benefits of Professional Carpet Cleaning
1. Clean carpet will last longer. The biggest benefit of professional carpet cleaning is that it extends the life of your carpet. Dust, dirt, allergens and other debris become embedded in the carpet fibers and cause the fibers to breakdown. Plus, dirt and debris are more likely to stick to a dirty carpet. Hot water extraction is an effective way to remove debris from deep in the carpet fibers.
2. Your home will be healthier with clean carpets. The dust and debris that gets trapped in carpet fibers can also become airborne. This can be problematic for those with respiratory problems, allergies and other health issues. Hot water extraction kills the allergens that are creating problems and leaves a clean and fully sanitized carpet behind.
3. Carpet cleaning removes dirt and bacteria. Vacuuming only removes surface dirt. All the debris that has embedded itself deep in the fibers will stay there until you have the carpets cleaned professionally. Again, the longer debris sits in the carpet, the faster it will breakdown. Bacteria is a leading cause of foul odors in carpet and can also cause health problems.
4. Eliminate stains with carpet cleaning. Tough stains are no match for professional carpet cleaning. The hot water extraction method of carpet cleaning allows professionals to remove dirt and mud, coffee stains, ink stains, red wine and pet stains. The spots will be gone, won’t come back and future stains will be easier to clean.
5. Steam carpet cleaning leaves no residue. Some methods of carpet cleaning will leave residue behind. This leads to re-soiling because residue attracts dirt and debris. Hot water extraction delivers the best results, leaving the carpets free of debris and stains.
6. Carpet cleaning cares for high traffic lane areas. Carpet fibers in areas with a lot of foot traffic will breakdown faster than others. High traffic areas constantly have dirt tracked over them and become darker than the rest of the carpet. Professional carpet cleaning slows the effect of traffic lanes by removing the dark areas and restoring the carpet fibers.
7. Improve the overall look of your home with carpet cleaning. Not only is carpeting the largest furnishing in your home, it also gets the most use. The dirt and debris that gets tracked onto it affects it over time, making it dated. Professional cleaning removes the dirt and debris, restores the carpet fibers and improves the look of your home.
Professional Carpet Cleaning & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Maintaining your carpets and having them professionally cleaned will have them looking great, lasting longer and it will make your home a healthier place to live. Spring is an ideal time to have your carpets cleaned. Contact Carpet Care 2000 to schedule an appointment!