The pets that live in your home are more than like more like family members than they are like animals. They have a way of making their way into your heart in a hurry. When you have pets living in your home, you need to take some extra precautions when it comes to cleaning. That means you have to clean your carpets differently than someone that doesn’t have pets in their home as well. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some insight in what carpet cleaning looks like when you have pets in your home.
Dangers of DIY Carpet Cleaning with Pets
It may be tempting to take care of your carpet cleaning on your own. However, there are a couple of reasons you should avoid this.
– Chemicals on Carpet: A lot of the carpet cleaning solutions that you have at your disposal can be harmful to your pets. When you use them to clean your carpet, the vapors that can be left behind aren’t good for your family whether they are furry or human. Professionals won’t use these harsh chemicals and will more than likely get a deeper clean as well.
– Residue Left on Carpets: Many of the DIY carpet cleaning methods will leave behind a residue on your carpet that can actually leave them more likely to get soiled moving forward. When you have pets, it can mean that the dirt and debris that is found on their paws will more than likely end up on the fibers of your carpet because of the residue that is there.
How to Clean & Care for Carpet with Pets
Caring for your carpet is going to look a little different when you have pets in your home. Here are some tips to help you keep your carpet in good condition.
– Vacuum Regularly: You may find that you need to have your carpet vacuumed more often to stay on top of the pet hair and dander in your home. If you have more than one pet in your home, you may want to vacuum daily, otherwise, you should be vacuuming several times throughout the week.
– Spot Clean Carpet: It is common for pets to have accidents in your home. Whether they have potty accidents or track in mud from outside, you may find the need to spot clean from time to time. It is important that you clean up these messes right away to keep your carpet in good condition.
– Professional Carpet Cleaning: It is essential that you have your carpet professionally cleaned when you have pets in your home. You can turn to Carpet Care 2000 to take care of your carpet cleaning and remove any stains that are left behind by your favorite pets. We know how to get rid of even the toughest stains that your pets leave behind.