As much as we love our furry family members, they can wreak havoc on our carpet sometimes. When you let your dog or cat into your home and before you know it, there are muddy paw prints throughout the house, it can be a lot to clean up. There are several different cleaning methods that you can use to remove them. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some of the best cleaning tips to help you remove muddy paw prints from your carpet.
Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution with Dishwashing Detergent & Hydrogen Peroxide
Dishwashing detergent and hydrogen peroxide can be extremely effective in removing mud from your carpet. It is important to note that hydrogen peroxide is a form of bleach and should be tested on your carpet before using. It is always safe to use when you have white carpet though. To clean you will need:
– Mix one tablespoon of dishwashing detergent and two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide.
– Using your fingers, work the solution into the muddy spots.
– Use a clean washcloth to blot up excess solution and rinse using warm water.
– Let area completely dry.
Cleaning Carpet with Dishwashing Detergent, Salt & Baking Soda
While you can use any detergent like laundry detergent or shampoo, dishwashing detergent does a good job of cleaning carpet; especially when it’s mixed with salt and baking soda.
– Mix a pinch of salt and baking soda together and sprinkle on the muddy spot.
– Allow to sit on your carpet for several hours so it has time to soak up the moisture.
– Using a vacuum, remove the power from carpet fibers.
– Use two cups of warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of dishwashing detergent or other soap and mix together.
– Use a clean cloth to treat the muddy spots with the cleaning solution.
– Use cold water to rinse the solutions from the carpet and a sponge to soak up the moisture.
– Let carpet dry completely before walking on it.
Get Old Dirt Stains Out of Carpet with Dishwashing Detergent & Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the best household items to assist you in cleaning several areas in your home, including your carpet.
– Mix 1 tablespoon dishwashing detergent and ½ cup vinegar.
– Using a soft bristled brush, use the solution to work the muddy spots.
– Use a clean, wet cloth to rinse.
– Use a towel to blot away any excess moisture and let dry.
Get Mud Out of Carpet with Rubbing Alcohol
Not all isopropyl alcohol is clear, and when it’s colored it can stain your carpet. Make sure you use clear alcohol when cleaning your carpet.
– Use the alcohol directly on the stain and start to blot it away.
– Use cold water to rinse the area.
– With a dry towel, remove any excess moisture and let carpet dry.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If you still have muddy paw prints on your carpet after trying to clean them yourself, you can call on the professionals at Carpet Care 2000 to help you remove it for good. Call us today!