Dust mites are the little bugs all over our home that we like to pretend don’t exist. This may be well and good until you start suffering from a dust mite allergy. Then all of a sudden, you need to address this concern and get rid of these allergy inducing pests. There are several things you can do that will greatly decrease the amount of dust mites you have on your fabric surfaces in your home. Carpet Care 2000 is here to share some of our best tips to help you get the dust mites and your allergies under control.
What Kills Dust Mites on Carpet & Fabric Upholstery
Following are some of the most effective ways to reduce the amount of dust mites that live on your furniture and in your bed.
– Use the Right Vacuum: While vacuuming is important, if you aren’t using the right one, the dust mite situation is going to remain the same. You should be using a vacuum that has a HEPA filter to clean your home. A HEP filter will keep the dust mites from simply getting released back into the air during the vacuuming process. You should be vacuuming your home every other day to really notice a difference.
– Dust Mite Bed Protector: Your bed is one of the places that can get overrun with dust mites if you aren’t careful. If your bed is already infested with dust mites, you can’t do much to eliminate them. If you have a new bed, you need a dust mite bed protector that will make your bed a less appealing place for these allergens.
– Wash Fabric Regularly: You need to be washing your bedding and your pillows regularly to keep up on top of the dust mite population. Always wash on the hottest setting possible to effectively kill them.
– Use a Steam Cleaner: Nothing will kill dust mites quite as fast as the high temperature steam that comes from a steam cleaner. These can be used on furniture as well as your bedding to get rid of dust mites.
– Reduce Humidity in Home: Dust mites don’t like dry places and will naturally gravitate to more humid conditions to thrive. Lower the humidity in your home to avoid dust mites.
– Wipe with Eucalyptus Oil: This essential oil is one that will help you to kill dust mites when you use it to clean. This can be safely sprayed on your furniture as well as your bed to help eliminate this problem.
Carpet, Upholstery & Mattress Cleaning & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Another extremely effective way to reduce the amount of dust mites in your home is the professional cleaning services offered from Carpet Care 2000. We will keep your upholstery and your mattress clean with our excellent cleaning services. Don’t forget that your carpet can become filled with dust mites as well and our trained technicians will make sure they are removed. Call us today!