With Mother’s Day being the center of May’s focus, often the little ones get their creative juices flowing, and they present you with one of your “mommy treasures”. The glitter glue is a perfect touch adding just enough dazzle. But after the love and affection and the pats on the back for a remarkable gift, you find the location where the designing and labor took place. Dried glitter glue is now mocking you with the blemishes adorning your carpets. But, not allowing a few stains to kill the love in the air, you find out how to deal with the issue. First of all, good job mom for not losing your mind and containing your annoyance at the new mess!
Carpet Care 2000 would like share some tips on removing the dried glitter glue stain from your carpet.
What you need:
– Medium scrub brush
– Water (boiled)
– Cleaning cloths (white)
– Preferred carpet cleaner or 8oz warm water with 1 tsp mild dish soap combined well in a spray bottle.
Carpet Cleaning Stain Removal Steps:
1. While your water is boiling, spray your carpet cleaner (commercial or homemade) liberally to the area in question. Do not over saturate. Allow the detergent to set for 5 minutes or so.
2. Lightly pour the boiled water onto the glitter glue, but only do little splashes at a time, again, do not over saturate.
3. With your scrub brush, use circular motions to gently work out the glue. Avoid scrubbing vigorously.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until the glue has been worked up.
5. Using your wash cloths, blot the stain periodically to lift away glue and contain the water.
6. Once glue is removed, apply cleaner to the spot, and blot with a clean, dry cloth.
7. Using a dry towel, sop up additional water as best you can. To help expedite drying, a space heater, ceiling fan or floor fan can help.
8. If glue is gone, but there is some lingering glitter, wrap duct tape around your hand and use the sticky adhesive to lift away the sparkles.
9. Vacuum to ensure glitter is removed and carpet fibers are relaxed. Glitter can be hard to suck away; there could be some lingering flakes. Vacuum and/or use the sticky tape to get it up.
Carpet Cleaning Spot Stain Removal Notes:
– Always test homemade products or commercial carpet formulas in an inconspicuous area to ensure the solution will not compromise carpet fibers or the color.
– Do not scrub out any stain with too much force; doing so can push stains out and down, giving you more mess and more difficulty.
– Avoid using printed or dyed paper towels, cloths or towels. Doing so can transfer the dyes or print to the carpet, giving you a more troublesome stain to contend with.
– If there are dyes in any satin, avoid using hot water as it could set the dyes in your carpet.
Professional Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Ripon, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & The East Bay of California
Carpet Care 2000 has experienced professionals standing by to help you keep your carpets clean, fresh and stain free. If you are hesitant to remove any stains, or the stains are stubborn, call us to help you. Do not delay; the longer stains sit the harder it is to remove.