Allow us to set the scene. You have awoken on your day off, with still a full day ahead of you. If you are like millions of other folks in the world, you need that morning coffee to fuel you for the oncoming storm. The coffee is brewing, and the aroma is tantalizing the senses. Already you feel more awake. You pour your favorite blend in your mug. Adding a little of this and that of your favorite affiliates until your coffee has reached perfection. Your phone rings, you stir your concoction as your curiosity peeks, the mouthwatering goodness is inches from your mouth. Disaster strikes! You got cocky with your senses being effected with the smell of coffee too soon, and you trip over your feet. Coffee is now staining that perfectly hued carpet. After a string of emotions flitter by, with a tantrum out doing that of any toddler for the closing of the fits, you now have gathered your wits, blaming under your breath about the audacity of the foolish soul who tried to call you and cause the spill to begin with. Now it’s time to tend to the blemish before commencing your busy schedule.
Warning notes: Before treating any stain on your carpet, it is important you know what the material of your carpet is made of. Some types of fibers need specific treatments. If you are ever in doubt, call a professional for stain removal. Before attempting to remove the stain with any homemade or commercial products, always conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous are to ensure the fibers integrity or color will not be compromised.
Coffee Stain Removal from Carpet
1. To begin the process, start by placing plain white paper towels onto the stain and blot. Start on the outer edges, and work your way in to contain the stain. Never rub or scrub; doing so will only spread the stain out, and push it deeper into the carpet, creating a bigger mess.
2. Now you want to dilute the remaining coffee blemish. Either use a spray bottle or sponge, apply warm water onto the stain without over saturating. Do not use hot water as hot water can set a stain in.
3. While the water is diluting the coffee stain, prepare your solution. Combine together 1/4 tsp of mild dish detergent, or carpet shampoo, to a liter of warm water. Be sure the solution is thoroughly mixed.
4. Blot up the previous rinse with plain, white paper towels.
5. Apply your cleanser to a white, clean cloth, or paper towel liberally, but do not over saturate, damp is all you need. Place the treated towel onto the stain. Using a spoon is more optimal, but now you need to gently press the cloth onto the stain.
6. Rinse out the cleaning solution using the same method as diluting the coffee.
7. Be sure to blot up all remaining moisture.
8. Towel dry.
Professional Full Service Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Danville, Dublin, Ripon, Mountain House & Danville California!
If stain persists call a professional for assistance. All manners of stains can be difficult to clean, others simple to remove. If your carpets have become adorned with an assortment of stains, or they are simply in need of a deep cleaning, call us today. Our professionals at Carpet Care 2000 have the skillful experts on hand, with superior equipment and top quality detergents.