With crafting, baking, and keeping the kids busy with artsy ideas, there are many holiday traditions to be had. There is bound to be a few spills, especially with clumsy fingers and the excitement of the holiday activities. We at Carpet Care 2000 would like to offer a carpet removal guide for common carpet spills this holiday season.
Patch Test Carpet Cleaners
Whether it is a store bought solution or a homemade remedy, conduct your patch test of any carpet cleaning product you use in an inconspicuous area prior to treating the stain. Never use hot water, otherwise you can cause a stain to set in. Start from the outer rims and working to the center with blotting to contain the stain. Only use white paper towels, cloths, and towels to make sure the dyes or prints do not transfer to the carpets. Do not oversaturate the area, otherwise water damage and mold from taking root.
How to Get Washable Paint Out of Carpet
1) From the surface, spoon up the mass of the washable paint.
2) With a paper towel, blot away the remaining moisture. Pat the stain from the outside, in without using too much pressure.
3) Use a dull edge to scrape the chunks off if the paint has dried.
4) In a squirt bottle, combine 1 cup warm water and 1/2 tsp dish soap.
5) Using a damp cloth, gently work out the stain, after generously applying the solution to the surface and with a clean without oversaturating.
6) Until washable paint is removed, continue to repeat the steps.
7) With a clean towel on top of the surface, carefully walk along the area to lift up detergents and remaining stain.
8) After rinsing the area with cool water in a spray bottle, or water-dampen cloth, be sure to blot thoroughly.
9) In the event stains discolor with a brownish color, combine 2-parts water with 1-part white vinegar. Blot with dry cloth in between application to avoid oversaturation once you applied the treatment with solution-treated cloth.
How to Remove Glitter Glue from Carpet
1) Use a spoon to scoop up the bulk of the glitter glue and wipe it off onto a paper towel.
2) With damp cloth to blot the glitter glue residue, work the exterior toward the interior of the stain.
3) If there are any remains, gently work the remaining stain out by moderately applying alcohol onto a sponge.
4) Rinse with cool water and a cloth to prevent oversaturation.
5) Pat the area down with forceful pressure using a dry towel.
How to Clean Cookie Icing Stains from Carpet
1) A butter knife or spoon can scrape the chunks off the surface. To keep it from smearing ice the top. As you go, wipe it off on a paper towel.
2) In a squirt bottle, blend 1-part cold water 1-part white vinegar.
3) Apply the solution onto a clean cloth or sponge sparingly and gently blot up the stain.
4) Blot remaining residues with paper towels.
5) Repeat as necessary.
6) Dry thoroughly with a clean towel to pull up as much moisture as possible and let the areas.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
Call in the professionals of Carpet Care 2000 to remove any challenging stains and we will ensure your carpets are restored!