The nice weather is soon upon us when many people will enjoy the outdoor BBQ’s and activities. Generally, when people have their outdoor feasts burgers, hotdogs, and fries and/or tater-tots are often on the menu. The most common condiments of these entrees include ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce. When these condiments fall and mark the carpets with their colorful disasters, they can be a challenge to ensure the stains are completely removed. We at Carpet Care 2000 would like to share an option on how to remove each of these condiments from your carpet.
Removing Ketchup Stains from Carpet
1) Use a blunt edge, a spoon or butter knife, to scoop up the bulk, being careful not to smear it.
2) In a squirt bottle, mix one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid with two cups of cool water.
3) Spray a sponge or cloth in the solution until damp.
4) Use the treated cloth to blot the ketchup stain carefully.
5) Repeat application to cloth and blot until ketchup spot is removed. If necessary rinse out the cloth in between applications.
6) Use a damp cloth from pure water to rinse the solution from the surface and a dry cloth to blot up as much moisture as possible.
How Do You Get a Mustard Carpet Stain Out?
1) Use a clean damp cloth and gently blot as much mustard residue as possible.
2) Mix together two cups of warm water and one tbsp dishwashing detergent in a squirt bottle and lightly mist the stain.
3) Create a paste using approximately one part hydrogen peroxide and three parts dishwashing detergent in a separate bowl.
4) Spread the paste onto the pre-treated area of the carpet using a spoon or spatula.
5) Using a steam iron set to the lowest temperature, line up the iron directly over the blemished area and hover it about an inch above the surface, do not make contact with the carpet. To loosen up the stain, hold the iron there for 30 seconds.
6) Use the original mixture to blot up the paste and stain and a damp cloth to rinse the residues.
7) Pat the area with a dry, clean cloth.
Removing BBQ Sauce Stains from Carpet
1) In a squirt bottle mix one tablespoon of liquid dishwashing liquid with two cups of warm water.
2) Generously spray the BBQ sauce stain but do not over saturate.
3) With a dry cloth, blot the area until moisture is completely absorbed.
4) Repeat application and blotting until the stain has dissolved.
5) If the stain persists, combine one tablespoon of ammonia with ½ cup of warm water.
6) Dampen a cloth with the solution and continue to blot.
7) Use a dry cloth in between applications if needed to avoid over saturation.
8) Use water-dampen cloth to rinse away they the solution and thoroughly blot dry with a towel.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Tracy, Livermore, San Ramon, Dublin, Mountain House, Walnut Creek, Danville & the East Bay of California
If you find the stains are not completely lifting away, call in the experts of Carpet Care 2000 and let our specialists analyze and treat the stains in the appropriate manner for an efficient removal of the stains!